Chapter 9: Welcome.

I am woken up by someone nudging my arm gently, and repeating my name. I open my eyes. Oh. That's right. I'm on the train on the way to Hogwarts. I look and see that there are two boys sitting in front of me. Both in the school robes. I'm also lying on someone's lap. I look up to see Dracos smiling face.
"Did you have a good nap?" He asks with a cheeky grin. I simply nod my head before sitting up.
"We have about 10 minutes before we arrive. We will leave the room so you can get changed. Open the door when you are finished." Draco said as the 3 boys stood up.
"Thank you." I mutter with a small smile. He nods before leaving the compartment.
I pull out my uniform and get changed. I have a nice new uniform. It looks nice. Everything fits well and the cardigan is slightly oversized so I don't suffocate in it. I finish getting changed before standing up and opening the door.
Draco is standing with his back facing me, talking to Crabb and Goyal about something. I cough to get there attention. They all turn to look at me.
"You can come back in now." I say walking back into the compartment. With the boys following. We all sit back into our original places. As Draco keeps talking to the other two I decided to take my hair out of its ponytail. I pull out a comb that I keep with me at all times and brush through my hair. I give my hair a centre parting and then get to two side peaces and tie them together at the back. So it's half up half down ish. ((Kinda like this but brown hair))

I start fiddling with the ends of my hair as the train starts to stop

"This is it." Draco says as the train comes to a stop. The four of us walk off the train and onto the platform.
"First years this way!!!" We hear from a booming voice. We follow the voice to see a massive man.
"Four in a boat." The man says as we hop into the boats. I'm in a boat with Crabb, Goyal and Draco. Once every first year is in a boat we start to float along the water. I quickly dip my hand in. I have always loved water. It's so soothing on the skin.
"How you feeling?" Draco asks turning to face me.
"Excited. Nervous still but mostly excited." I say with a smile.
"I like how your hair looks. You should wear it out more often." He says back.
"Thank you. Maybe I should." I say with a shy smile. I look up to see an amazing castle. It looks beautiful. The light from inside the castle is glowing as the moon light shines on the water. It's truly an amazing sight.
The boats make there way to shore and we are all lead into the castle and told to wait outside the doors to the grand hall. As I'm standing behind Draco he suddenly pipes up.
"It's true then" he says as everyone turns to face him. "What there saying on the train. Harry Potter has come to Hogwarts." Everyone starts to mutter and chat about it. I turn to see who Draco is looking at. It's a shortish boy with black hair and glasses.
"This is Crabb and Goyal. " he says nodding to them. "And I'm Malfoy." He says walking over to the boy. "Draco Malfoy." He says once he's standing in front of the boy. Someone next to the boy laughs. I look to see Ron. Draco turns to look at him.
"Think my names funny do you." He says turning to look Ron on the eyes.
"No need to ask yours." He says annoyed.
"Red hair and a hand me down rob. You must be a Weasley." He says  like he's talking about a disgusting rat or something. This takes me back a bit. Draco is so sweet to me. Why would he say that about my family. Granted he doesn't know that's my family but still. Ron did laugh at his name though So I guess he kinda deserved it.
"You'll soo find out that some wizarding family's are better then others Potter." Draco continues sounding like a little bit of a dick. "You don't want to go making friends with the wrong sort." He says looking at Ron before looking back at 'Harry'. "I can help you there." Draco says extending a hand out to Harry.
"I think I can tell the wrong sort for myself thanks." Harry says without taking Dracos hand. That was good. Draco was being a bit of a dick. Good come back Harry. Nice going. That's when the professor returns. She pats Dracos shoulder with a scroll before he walks back to standing in front of me.
We are then all lead into the great hall. We walk up between the four tables. One for each house. There are already hundreds of students sitting down around the hall. We all walk around in aw as we look around the magnificent grey hall. It's truly stunning. The ceiling looks like the sky.
"It's not real the ceiling. Just bewitched to look like the night sky. I read about it in Hogwarts a history." I overhear a girl telling someone. That's actually pretty cool. I should find out how to do that and do it in my bedroom.
As we make it to the end of the hall all of us stand in front of the stage. Which has a stool and a chair sitting on it.
The teachers do there talking, including professor dumbledoor who basically just tells us the grounds rules. Than the sorting ceremony begins.
"Hermione granger." The professor calls as a girl with frizzy hair walks up. She is placed in gryffindor (and they all erupted into claps) and she walks off to her new house table and sits next to Percy across from Fred and George.
"Draco Malfoy." Is called next. He looks around and I give him a smile before he walks up to the hat. The hat doesn't even touch his head as it calls out "slytherin." The slytherin table cheers and he makes his way over and sits down. There's some girl called Susan borns who is called and put In hufflepuff. The it's Rons turn. He walks up and like the rest of the family gets placed in gryffindor door. Then Harry Potter is called an low and behold, he too is a gryffindor. After a couple more names are called I hear the professor call. "(Y/N) South-star." I swallow hard before walking up. I look over at Fred who gives me 2 thumbs up then over at Draco who gives me a half smile and mouths 'you got this.' I smile and sit down on the stool as the hat is placed on my head.
"South-star. Could it be. Yes. You are just like your ancestor. A spitting image. Your parents would be so proud. You are most definitely the perfect HUFFLEPUFF!" The hat roars as the hufflepuff table all clap at me. I stand up and spot Draco with a small smirk. I start to walk to my table. I look at Fred and see him smiling as George, Percy and Ron hand him 3 knuts each. I laugh at there silly bet as I sit down at my new house table.
Once everyone is sorted dumbledor stands up and simply says. "Let the feast begin." The tables are suddenly filled with piles and piles of chicken legs and more. It's crazy and everyone starts taking some.
I grab myself a small plate with each thing on it. I want to try everything. I start to cut up my food when the girl next to me turns to me. "Hi I'm Lucy hunt. And you are?" She asks extending a hand.
"(Y/N). (Y/N) south-star." I say smiling and shaking her hand.
"Oh. The perfect hufflepuff. That's so cool. What did the hat mean by your ancestor?" She asked in a very cheery bubbly and fast voice.
"Honestly I don't know. And I would rather not talk about it." I say simply smiling at her.
"Oh. Okay. Sorry if I'm coming off to strong. I just am very excited right now." She says in a slightly more understandable tone.
"No. It's fine. I'm just hungry." I say starting to eat my food.
"Preach" she says before eating as well.
We make small talk for the rest of dinner and desert. She is actually pretty cool.

After dinner we are sent to our common rooms. Funnily enough ours are right next to the kitchen. Midnight snacks anyone??
I go into the girls dorm but there is no bed for me and my gear isn't in the room.
"Odd." I say to lucy who is as confused as I am. "I'll go talk to a prefect.
Find out what's going on." I say walking into the common room to find a prefect. I eventually find one and walk up to her.
"Hi. My gear isn't in the dorm room and there isn't a bed for me so i don't know what to do." I say to her. She looks at me confused before asking.
"What's your name?"
"(Y/N) South-star." I reply.
"South-star. Why is that familiar?" She asks thinking for a moment.
"Wait. I think you have a special room. Come with me." She says leading me up the girls dorm stairs. We pass the first year dorms and keep heading up till we reach the top of the staircase. At the top there is a dark brown door with 'South-Star' written on a gold sign. I try to turn the handle but it's locked.
"Do you have a key? because unlocking charms don't work." The prefect says.
"This door has been here since before I started and no one has been able to open it." She says with a quizzical look.
"I don't know. I must be able to get in but I don't think I have a key." I say looking at the key whole. It looks a lot like the locks that they use in the gringotts volts. 💡. I pull my volt key (that my birth parents left me) out from under my uniform and put it in the lock. Surprisingly it fits. Perfectly. I turn the key and the lock makes a click. I look at the prefect before turning the door knob and opening the door. Inside is a massive room  with a giant fluffy looking double king canopy bed with like 5 massive pillows on it. There is a desk under a window with Golden-oak sitting on a pedestal. A massive wardrobe with a book shelf, with old looking books, next to it. The room is white and gray with yellow and gold details everywhere. There is a massive fluffy white with gold flecked rug covering half the floor and the whole room looks like it was out of a dream. My trunk is sitting next to the bed.
"Wow. I guess this is your room." Says the prefect with an open mouth. "I'm gonna go." She says before walking down the stairs.
"Thank you." I call out behind her as I walk into the room and get changed into my pjs. I have chosen to put everything away tomorrow rather then rush and do it now. Instead I hop into my incredibly big fluffy, comfy bed and fall asleep with a smile.

(A/N)- again with the quick updates and long chapter in usually a lot lazier then this but okay. Thanks for reading. I'm happy you are enjoying it. Please keep voting bc it lets me know you want to see more. Comment below what you liked and didn't like so I know who to make my story better for you. Anyway. Thanks for reading. I with see u next chapter. Bye!!!