Chapter 36: The Duel.

The years been weird. Mrs Norris was found on a wall petrified, so my evenings have been spent helping and consoling Mr. Filch. He's been very lonely. The sounds have gotten worse. Its like someone's talking through the walls. I haven't mentioned it to anyone or else ill sound crazy. I don't want to be taken to the ward.

I have realised that the others are up to something, Harry, Ron and Hermione, that is. They keep sneaking around and not letting me know anything and i hate it.

After the weird 'attacks' that have happened, Professor Lockhart has been aloud to start a dueling club. And It didn't take long for the whole school to hear about the dueling classes. And took even less time for all the second years to crowd in the hall awaiting the fights. In all honesty i was only there because Draco convinced me to come. I'm not the biggest fan of violence. But because harry, ron and hermione are here, im standing next to them with the rest of hufflepuff house.

Snape and lockhart start off and, as expected, Snape wins with one simple spell.

Lockhart stands up with a little struggle and says, "An excellent idea to show them that professor snape. But if you don't mind me saying, it was, Pretty obvious, what you where about to do. If i had wanted to stop you, would have been only too easy." Bull, complete bull. This guy sucks so much.

"Perhapes, it would be prudent, to first teach the students to block unfriendly spells." Snape says clearly very unamused and monotone way.

"An excellent suggestion professor snape. Ahh, let's have a volunteer pair." Lockhart announces. He looks around the room a little. I swear if he picks me i'm going to hex him.

"Ah Potter, Weasley, South-Star. How about you?" he says looking at us. Oh god no i am not.

"Weasley's wand causes devastation with the simplest spells, we'd be sending his opponent to the hospital wing in a match box." snape says bitterly.

"Potter, South-star? How about it?" he asks. Harry moves through the crowd to one end of the giant table.

"South-Star?" he says raising an eyebrow.

"I don't like violence. I believe magic should be used to help. Not to hurt." i state bluntly as simply as i can so he can understand. I think complicated words would be to hard on his pea sized brain.

"Come on, you'd only be blocking anyway. Plus, this is a dueling club." He says with a chuckle of annoyance that I'm not listening to him, or swooning over his every word.

"I only came to support my friends." i explain simply again.

"Come on what's the-" lockhart begins before being interrupted.

"Ms South-Star has said no. That is her choice. We can't force her to do something she doesn't want to. Instead, Might i suggest someone from my own house." Snape says. Ron gives me a weird look, clearly confused at why Snape's standing up for me.

"Malfoy, Perhaps?" Snape says raising his hands a little. He turns and points at Draco to stand up on the stage. Draco promptly does as he's told. Egar in his eyes. He looks smug as he approaches Harry at the center of the table.

"Wands at the ready." Lockhart annonces as the boys bring their wands to there face.

"Scared potter?" Draco asks bitterly.

"You wish." Harry replies.

"I didn't think this would be how i'd fight for her. But if it comes down to it." Draco says with an evil, cheeky smirk. The room look confused as to what he's talking about. Ron just gives me a little dirty look as i look down blushing.

"She's already yours. Let's say this is for her honor." Harry says narrowing his eyes playfully. Draco simply nods with a determined look on his face.

It's really funny to see how confused the rest of the students are, even Lockhart looks unsure. With that said the two boys quickly bring their wands back to their sides. They swiftly turn around and walk to mid-way down their halves of the table. They both raise their wands and point at each other.

"On the count of three you will cast your charms to disarm your opponent, only to disarm. We don't want any accidents here." lockhart says, fat lot of chance that is. These two have had a fewd since day dot. This isn't gonna be a simple duel.

"1......2.." Lockhart calls. Draco calls a spell without even waiting for 3, it happened so fast. Harry went flying back, spinning through the air, and landing with a thud at the end of the table. There are a few chuckles from the slytherin side, and the gryffindors all look horrified. I'm shocked but impressed so i probably look confused as hell. Draco looks very pleased with himself and sends a little smirk my way.

Harry gets up causing Draco to look less happy. Harry casts a spell that causes the same thing that happened to him, to happen to draco. I let out a gasp as i look down the tables to my boyfriend land straight on his ass in front of snape. Snape grabs him by the robes and forces him up quickly.

Draco calls another spell that makes a snake come out the end of his wand. Don't worry, it isn't Blossom, but some random snake. It starts to move towards harry as the surrounding people stand back. But not me. I can tell by the look Draco gave me that, if anything goes wrong, he wants me to step in.

"Don't move Potter, i'll get rid of it for you." Snape says stepping out from behind Draco.

"Allow me Professor Snape." lockhart says stepping forward, casting a spell which does nothing but fling it in the air. The snake lands back down in front of Justin Finch-Fletchley. A nice hufflepuff boy who i sat next to in charms last year. He looks horrified. Which is fair, the snakes eyeing him up. I quickly jump in between him and the snake as Harry starts to speak.

"Leave them. Leave them alone." harry called to the snake. It kept looking at Justin and i, baring its fangs.

"Stop, leave them be." Harry continued to say. The snake turned to Harry and stopped hissing. Snape quickly cast a spell and the snake burnt to a crisp. I smile as a look around but my face drops as everyone's looking at Harry with wide eyes.

"What are you playing at?" Justin calls to Harry from behind me. Harry looks around confused.

I look at justin who smiles at me.

"Thanks for standing up, you're lucky he didn't get both of us killed." Justin says to me, with a nasty glare in Harry's direction.

"What? But he....." i whisper, but suddenly it clicks. Harry must have been speaking Parseltongue. That's why i seem to be the only one who knows that he was helping. I quickly decide to play dumb.

"No problem. I know Harry. He would never do anything to hurt anyone." i say to Justin.

"Better be careful, i think there's more to him than any of us know." and with that Justin walks out of the room. 

A/N- another chapter! WoooHoo, now stuff gets interesting! 

Now the video above is MINE!!! yes I have a youtube channel and yes I would love for you to please give support, watch my other videos and subscribe to 'Urika Lmao'  it's something I really love doing, just as much as I love writing you stories!

But thanks for reading please vote and comment if you want more. Also comment ideas of what you think, ideas I love reading them and I promise I read every single one even if I don't reply. y'all are such cuties. ilysm! Thanks for reading! see u next time Bye! <3