Chapter 16: christmas.

I wake up and get dressed quickly. It's Christmas and I know that Rons gonna want to open his gifts early. So there for, all of us are gonna open our gifts early. I run over to the gryffindor house and say the password (which I learnt yesterday) to the half asleep fat lady portrait. I walk in to see Ron sitting next to the tree and looking at all the gifts.
"Merry Christmas!" I yell as I run to him and bowl him over like a bowling pin.
"Merry Christmas!" He yells back as we lye on the floor like idiots. Soon we see Harry walk out in his pjs and stand on the stairs.
"Merry Christmas harry!" Ron says standing up.
"Merry Christmas guys." Harry says half asleep.
"You gonna come down and open your gifts or stay standing there like an idiot?" I ask with a chuckle.
"I have presents?" Harry asks confused.
"Ya." Ron says happily as Harry runs down the stair. We all sit in front of the tree looking at the different shapes and sizes of gifts. Luckily my gifts have been delivered to the gryffindor common room instead of the hufflepuff. It makes life so much easier.
I grab the first one of my gifts that I can see. I then realise that there are two that are identical shapes but for Harry and Ron. I'm guessing these are the sweaters. Seeing as how they're from Mum. I hand Ron and Harry there's and we open them at the same time. Low and behold they are the home knitted sweaters. Instead of my normal plain sweater this year Mum made mine yellow with a black (Y/initial) on it. I smile and pull it over my t-shirt. The sweater is oversized and cozy. I look over and see harry and Ron wearing there's. Ron looks uncomfortable and Harry looks like he had just seen a unicorn. I smile and grab my next gift which is a medium sized box with holes in the top. On top is a little letter. I open it up and read the squiggly handwritting.
'Dear (Y/N), this is a birthday and Christmas cross over present. Take good care of this little one. It won't grow much and it can't breath fire. But it's still pretty cool. -Charlie."
I look at the box with curiosity before opening the top. I look inside to see a, slightly smaller then cat sized, dragon. I gasp as I put my hand into the box. The creature sniffs at my hand before rubbing along it like a cat. I laugh and pic the dragon out of the box. Only in the light can you really see it probably. It has gorgeous blue scales that shift green in the light. It's has big puppy dog eyes and little purple/blue horns. It has four legs and then wings on its back. The wings are tucked in so you can't see how big they are but they don't seem very big. The dragon sniffs the air before licking my face like a dog. I laugh as I put the creature in my lap.
"Wow is that a dragon?" Ron asks.
"I believe so. Charlie sent it." I say looking at the small thing that's curled up in my lap. Something about the yellow pattern on its back looks familiar. I dig into my satchel and pull out my new favourite book 'magical creatures that make amazing pets.' I flick through the book before landing on a page with a picture very similar to the sleeping mini dragon on your lap. I start to read the information out loud:

"The Romanian Opalpaw; is a small non-fire breathing dragon with a love of soft items and physical contact. The Romanian Opalpaw is a friendly creature that is often hard to find, however there are many breeding grounds known, and can only be found wild in Romania. But they are far from extinction.
They get there name from the iridescent scales that are similar to the colours in a black opal gemstone. They make amazing pets in a similar way to a cat but they also like to be used as messengers much like owls.
Female Romanian Opalpaws have yellow markings on its back. Wheres males have none." I glance down at the yellow marks and smile and my pretty girl.
"Be warned, the Romanian Opalpaw dragon is very selective of its owners. If it likes you it will show you by licking and cuddling. If it seems to want to keep its distance, let it go. Just because it can't breath fire doesn't mean it doesn't bite." I continue.
"Well. It looks like it likes you." Says harry. I look down at the sleeping creature before look back at my book.
"Romanian Opalpaws eat any and all fruits and vegetables. But should only eat fish, do not feed any other meat or it could be faital. Also avoid feeding extra sugary food as they can get over energetic." I read out as I stroke the dragon down its back as it lets out an almost purr.
"Don't forget to name your Romanian Opalpaw as they respond to names better then breed." I read out as you put the book down.
"What are you gonna name it?" Ron asks.
"I don't know. Whatever it likes I guess." I say looking at the boys.
"So. What's your other gifts?" I ask.
"Well we all got boxes from hermione. Our seemed to be full of Lollies so yours should be too." Harry answers as he hands the box to me carefully. I open it to see exactly what the boys said I would.
"Harry. There's something else here for you." Ron says handing Harry a parcel. Harry's opens it. Inside is a Blue gray cloak. He stands up and puts it around himself. In the blink of an eye all I can see is his head.
"Bloody hell." Ron says as candy falls out of his mouth.
"What?" Harry asks before looking in a mirror.
"I think you have an invisibility cloak." I say looking at it in awe. Harry takes it off and puts it back in its wrapping.
"Wouldn't want anyone else taking that." Harry says putting it with his stuff carefully. We all nod in agreement.
"There's some other things here for you (Y/N)."  Ron says handing me 3 different shades of green packages before turning back to playing with his new 'action figure'. The first lime green has a tiny note saying 'from C&G'. Curious as to what they could get for me, I tare open the package. Inside is one chocolate frog and a box of bertie bots every flavoured beans. I then move onto the next more emerald green package, written on the box is 'Merry Christmas (I guess) From P.P'. I laugh at how she's very slowly starting to except me.( Also has anyone else noticed that all slytherins only sign with there initials?) I open the tiny package to see a very nicely made Green, Black and Yellow friendship bracelet with  a note inside saying 'I have one too. So. Please wear it?'. I smile at her.

Honestly all of the slytherins are really nice if people would just take the time to know them. Yes, I'm sure some are just asses but there are people like that in every house.

 I put the bracelet around my wrist before looking to  the last green gift. This one is a dark green, and written on a little note attached to  the silver ribbon is 'As Promised, Merry Christmas Love. From DM'. I smile at his cuteness before opening the medium sized package to revel a beautiful green and sliver stripped scarf. More specifically Draco's slytherin scarf. (At one of our fortnightly meetings, I put on Draco's scarf and was gonna go back to my room with it. he laughed before taking it off me and saying i could have it for Christmas.) just as I go to hide it Ron looks up and notices the scarf in my hand.

"Who gave you a slytherin scarf?" Ron asks looking at me with a mixture of anger and confusion.

"ummm....... its an inside joke between me and my hufflepuff friends. sometimes I'm so sassy they think I should be in slytherin." I say with a nervous laugh.  Ron simply gives an understanding look before standing up with all his stuff. "Lets go put our stuff away and we will se you at breakfast (Y/N)."

"okay." i reply picking all my stuff up carefully. Including the dragon who climbs on my shoulder quite happily and wraps her tail around my neck. I walk out the Gryffindor common room and make my way to the hufflepuff dorm.

After dropping all my stuff off in my room. (including my Romanian Opalpaw, that I have named Aurora which is the Latin word for dawn and she seemed to like it when I suggested it, who immediately curled up in my bed with Draco's scarf) I made my way out of my common room and to the great hall where I ate breakfast with my brothers.

After eating I make my way back to my room and spend the whole day just chilling and having fun with all the cool new things I got.

A/N- thank you sm! I'm so excited! I love this chapter a lot! I'm really happy and I have so many plans and this is like the starting point! its so fun. but ya. if u have any ideas please comment and if you want more please vote! bye!!!