Chapter 39: Getting back in

The trio have barely spoken to me in over a week and it's pissing me off. As i'm sitting with my hufflepuff friends in the courtyard i watch them walk out of the school grounds. I quickly make my way up to them to overhear their conversation.

"It was Hagrid, Hagrid opened the chamber of secrets 50 years ago." Harry explains. Where tf did he get that idea from.

"It can't be Hagrid. It just can't be." thank you Hermione for having some common sense.

"We don't even know this Tom Riddle. He sounds like a dirty rotten snitch to me." Ron says. Tom Riddle, where have i heard that name before?

"The monster had killed somebody Ron. What would any of us have done?" Harry asks.

"Look, Hagrid our friend. Why don't we just go and ask him about it." Hermione suggests.

"That'll be a cheerful visit. Hello Hagrid, tell us, have you been setting anything mad and hairy loose in the castel lately?" Ron says sarcastically.

"Mad and Hairy, You wouldn't be talking about me now would you?" Hagrid says from behind them.

"No" They all say at the same time. Looking around awkwardly.

"Come on, if they were talking about you they'd mention your incredible baking skills" i say coming up next to them to try and break the tension. The three of them give me a weird look. Before smiling like nothing's wrong.

"Thank you (Y/N)" Hagrid says giving me a pat on the back.

"What's that you've got Hagrid?" Harry asks pointing at Hagrids hand.

"Oh it's ahh, flesh eating slug repellent. For the mandrakes ya know. Now, accorden to professor sprout they still got a bit a growin up to do. But, once they acnes cleared up we'll then cop em up and stew em and then we'll get them people down at the hospital unpetrified. The mean time tho, you four. Had best be lookin after yourselves. Alright?" Hagrid explains sadly.

We all nod before he walks away. I look at the 3 of them like they're completely stupid, because they are. And i was about to tell them that before Neville runs up to us.

"Harry, i don't know who did it, but you better come. Come on." Neville says hastily as we all follow him.

We go up into the gryffindor common room and into the boys room to see all of Harry's stuff completely trashed. Lucky Hedwig is okay, but the rest of his room isn't.

"It has to be a gryffindor. Nobody else knows our password." Hermione says.

"Except for (Y/N). Who did you tell. Malfoy?" Ron immediately accuses me. Neville looks at us strangely before leaving, figuring he isn't needed anymore.

"I would never tell anyone. I'm better than that Ron and you know it." i explain harshly.

"I don't know anything about you considering all the secrets you've been keeping." Ron says crossing his arms in a huff.

"Shut up. No one else could have come in here. Unless it wasn't a student." Hermione says trying to stop Ron from being a prick as he glares at me.

"Who ever it was, they must have been looking for something." Ron explains.

"And they found it. Tom Riddle's Diary is gone." Harry says.

"Why did you have some randos Diary?" i ask.

"Wouldn't you like to know." Ron says suspect.

"Yes i would you twat. I really don't appreciate how you've been going behind my back and not telling me anything about what's going on. I thought after everything that happened last year you would trust me." i say angrily as i cross my arms over my chest.

"Well you should have thought about that before you started dating the enemy." Ron retorts.

"I was already dating him by the time we went looking for the stone. And it didn't change any of my actions. So tell me what's going on." I snap at him catching them all off guard.

"We don't really know anything you don't. After all, you've clearly been talking about it with Malfoy already." Hermione explains nicely.

"Except that we found a diary from Tom Riddle who showed me a thing of Hagrid getting expelled for letting something loose in the castle." Harry quickly explains.

"Okay. in future, i'd like to be more involved please." i say quickly. "Also if you wanted to interrogate Draco you didn't need a polyjuice potion. You could of asked me, i would have done it willingly." i say before turning and leaving the gryffindor common as the others look at me with guilty faces.

A/N- Another one. and another coming hehe :) sorry its short, the next really isn't.