Chapter 48: Buckbeak P1

And with that the school year commences. Classes go as smoothly as usual, meaning with many hiccups and explosions. Once again I am going to the slytherin common room every 2 weeks friday to see draco and the gang. Got to be honest, though I do still love him, this year Draco is being a bit more of a prick then normal. But considering how he was messaging over the break, I'd say his father is giving him extra shit then normal. So it can kind of explain his behaviour. He hasn't done anything bad to me, he just seems a little distant. It's even harder now to be in mixed house classes than last year. Even if I wanted to sit or stand with draco in class, Ron would get extra pissy. It's gotten to the stage that Ron is saving seats for me. Which would be nice if i didnt know it's less of 'i want you to sit with us' and more a 'i don't want you sitting with him'. Not to mention even though people swear it's fake, Harry's already been promised death. So that's fun.  And the new DADA teacher, professor lupin, seems to be much more switched on then the last 2, i hope he stays.
But it's still early in the year. So early that we're only in our first few classes. Care of magical creatures is what I'm heading to right now, it's only like the third or fourth proper class. The others are Hagrid's 'theory' lessons which turn more into 'anecdotal' stories about his pets. Which i do love but i can tell many don't.
Today, however, we are going to be walking into the shallows of the woods with our horrifying living books to meet 'buckbeak'. A name I only know because Hagrid took me to see her early to ask my advice for the class, and also for Aurora to meet her. I figured if anyone knows i have a dragon it should be Hagrid, and luckily griffins and romanian opalpaws get along great. So hopefully aurora now has somewhere to go during the day when i can be with her. After all, they are both very attachment based creatures.

As were walking down the hill Ron pipes up about the weird fortune they heard, again. "You don't think that grim thing has anything to do with Sirius black do you?" he asks.
"Here we go again." I mumble before tuning out of the conversation. I look to my side to see Draco, Pansy, Crab and Goyal fumbling down the unpathed side of the hill. I split from the group as Hermione and Ron bicker to run to meet with Draco.
"Hey handsome." i say as i bump into Draco's side gently as to not make him fall.
"Hello princess, managed to escape the gryffindors I see," he says with a cheeky smile as he puts his arm around my waist. Walking onto the flatter ground at the bottom of the hill.
"I wish I could have sooner frankly." I giggled. He gives me a sorry smile understanding that this is just gonna be how this year goes. Which is fine, i love my brother. But boy can he be a pain.
"Come on now, come closer" Hagrid says standing on his front porch as everyone approaches, ready for a good class of actual learning.
"I got a real treat for you today, a great lesson. Follow me" he says simply before walking off to the shallow of the woods, just like we did the other day.
"Lets see if Hagrid can actually teach us for once" Draco mumbles in a kind way. It wasn't loud and i could tell by his tone he meant it sincerely nicely, but if he was to say it louder the words could still hurt. It's these kinds of comments that just don't sit right with me this year. Especially the ones about Harry and 'the gryffindors'. If i didn't know better i'd say he's jealous. But then again, do i know better. I haven't really seen jealous Draco. Other than with Cedric but that was first year, and so much more direct.
Hagrid leads us into a more open field. "Right you lot, quit your chattering, for a group over there and open your books to page 49." he says simply gesturing to an area of the field.
"Exactly how do we do that?" Draco asks snapping, gesturing to the book he has closed with a belt.
"You stroke the spine of course" Hagrid says like it's a no brainer. Draco mumbles something as he looks at the book. Removing his hand from my waist.
"It's really not that hard Draco, see." I say stroking the spine gently with a giggle as we walk slowly.
"That's not fair, I've never seen yours even try to nip at you" Draco mumbles as he carefully removes the belt.
"That's because I'm nice to it. It never sits on the shelf, I keep a blanket on the floor for it to rest on as I know it doesn't like sitting on its side. It's the little things." i say calmly with a simple smile looking up at my silver haired boy.
"It's a book?" he says questionably looking into my eyes with his icy grey and blue ones, he looks confused and concerned, but a loving and kind concern. Like he never meant the book harm in the first place. I hold eye contact and just shrug with a smile before he turns away to gently open his book.
His book lets out a groggy purr as the tactic works and Draco flashes a surprised smirk in Hagrids direction, seemingly impressed by Hargids simple knowledge. Neville still ends up being almost eaten by the book, so I rush down to his side and help him calm the book down.
"Thanks" he smiles through his crooked teeth. "No problem" I simply reply, extending a hand and helping him up before returning to Dracos side once again, as he makes a slightly rude comment about the situation to which I jab him in the side with my elbow. He looks at me in an apologetic but cheeky way.
"I think they're funny," Hermione says with pure sarcasm dripping from her voice as we set our books down on the wall. Hearing this, Draco turns around, grabs my waist, pinning me to his side as he approaches my other friends.
"Oh yeah, terribly funny, really witty, god this place has gone to the dogs. Wait until my father hears Dumbledors got this ouff teaching classes." he says cruelly about Hagrid as his slytherin 'friends' all ooooo at his comment.
It's in this moment, my brother Ron turning and looking ashamed in me, that I realise the only reason Dracos currently holding me so close is as a trophy. Like a prize. An 'i can say what i want and you can't stop me because your sister still loves me'. It makes me feel a little sick to my stomach. I even look up at Draco with disgust and confusion, but he's too busy laughing at his friends to care.
"Shut up Malfoy." Harry says approaching, reaching his arm out slightly as a line for me to grab. I don't want to yet, but I'm happy it's an option.
"Hoohoohoo hoooooo" Draco and his friends coo as he pulls me closer and approaches Harry. I feel Draco's hand move more onto my hip, which feels a lot less comforting and a lot more possessive if i'm honest.
He then starts to stagger back, letting go of me a little as he calls and pretends there's a dementor behind Harry. Everyone's heads move quickly to see the nothing that Dracos is pointing at. I scoff at his cruel attempt at a joke, he flashes me a confused glance. I can't tell if he realises how mean he's being or not.
Him and all the slytherins back up laughing as they put up their hoods for the cruel joke. Draco literally leaves me standing in the middle of their little argument.
I grab Harry by the shoulders and pull him forward to the others, shooting Draco a nasty glare. All his friends oooooo and laugh, but he simply stands there shocked that i didn't back him up. I can see the genuine bewilder in his eyes as I turn back to Ron and Hermione.
"Happy you left that situation, had you stuck with him i might have disowned you" Ron says honestly.
"He's not normally that bad, i think he's trying too hard to impress someone." I say sadly.
"Surely you should be the only one hes impressing?" Harry asks with genuine concern.
I just think about Draco's father, Lucius. Draco spent most of his time the summer shadowing his father's work and I fear more than the work ethic might have rubbed off on him. Let's hope after being at school longer he will be back to his normal self.

A/N- hello lovely friends. I have returned. This will be a long bit so I put it in 2 parts. The second will be up by the end of tomorrow. But I figured I'd give u one now seeing as how patient y'all have been. I am so greatful for the love you have given this book. Every time I come on I see tonnes and tonnes of comments and votes and they make me so happy. I should do it more but I'm kinda the worst. Sorry. But here u go. I hope u enjoy. As always please comment anything, I might not reply but I read them all. Leave anything, random thoughts, tips, theory's and critiques. I love u al so so so much. Thank you lovelies. Seen next time! 💗💗💗💗