Chapter 45: Another Holidays Passed

The holidays went as I expected. My parents kept me way too busy for most of it and I could only owl Draco, and Pansy. But I guess it's not their fault. We did go to Egypt to see Bill. There's not much you can do about seeing someone when you're in a different country. But we've been home for a couple days now.

I walked down the stairs one morning to find Mum having a very serious conversation with Dad while reading a letter. I look over at the others, they all seem to be sitting quietly in the living room watching. I sit between Ron and Fred.

"What's going on?" I whisper to them.

"Not sure." Fred says.

"But i assume it has something to do with Harry." Ron says worried and hopefully.

"I'm hoping he can stay with us," George says, leaning over Fred.

"Think of all the new pranks we could try." Fred replies with a cheeky grin.

We all sit and watch as our parents read and reread the very long letter, exchanging small conversation. Not before long Percy stands up and goes up to his room in a huff.

"Of course he wouldn't care." Ron grumbles.

"Oi, he has a job, he's allowed to be a little distracted." I am trying to defend my brother. Though it does piss me off a lot. After a few more minutes mum and dad turn to us.

"Alright, were going to the leaky cauldron." Dad says.

"Why?" I ask curiously.

"Harry's there. Hermione will be meeting us there too probably." Mum says sweetly. "All right come on, get a move on. We gotta go now. And take our school gear, we'll stay for the day and head to Hogwarts in the afternoon."

With that everyone rushes to their rooms to get changed and finish packing what they need. I'm really excited. Ill finally get to see Draco again after two months.

We all hop in the car provided by the ministry with all our gear and head out, arriving at the leaky cauldron in no time.

As we walk in we are met with the smiling face of hermione, holding a great fluffy ginger cat.

"Hey guys." she says with a smile as we walk up to her.

"Alright kids, head to our rooms, (Y/N), Ron your mum and I will take your gear so you can all see Harry, sound good?" Dad says in his cheery tone and we all murmur agreeing responses.

Suddenly Hermione's cat jumps out and lashes at Ron's ugly rat that he's been carrying. And the cat begins to chase the rat around.

"Scabers!" Ron simply calls out, not bothering to move.

"I've always hated that damn rat." I say with a chuckle. The rat suddenly runs back to Ron and jumps into his arms as the cat does the same to Hermione. Meanwhile aurora is sound asleep in my bag, thank goodness she seems to always sleep. Last message I got from Charlie says it means she's very happy and comfortable with me. And is a sign there's not too much danger.

"I'm warning you, Hermione, keep that bloody beast of yours away from scabbers or i'll turn it into a tea cosy" Ron says oddly aggressively. I think he's just stressed.

"It's a cat Ronald what do you expect. It's in his nature." Hermione retorts.

"A cat? Is that what they told you? Looks more like a pig with hair if you ask me." Ron replies. He tried but honestly, not a great roast.

"That's rich coming from the owner of that smell old shoe brush." Hermione says about scabbers.

I look up to see Harry on the stairs smiling at his two friends as they bicker. It's seeing Harry for the first time in months that I realise how much we're all growing. He looks taller, still short tho, and his face has thinned out a bit.

"Harry" I say , smiling up at him, causing the attention of the others to shift. Hermione turns and smiles as she's still stoking her cat.

"Let's get a table aye?" I say laughing as we all find a seat and sit down. Ron immediately pulls out the newspaper for our trip to egypt.

"Egypt is brilliant, lots of old stuff like mummies, tombs." Ron explains to Harry as they catch up on missed time.

"You know the Egyptians worshiped cats," Hermione says, still trying to prove a point.

"Yeah, along with the dung beetle." Rom retorts.

"Come on guys, you're acting more like a cat and mouse then the actual cat and rat." I say with a chuckle.

"Not flashing that clip again are you ron" Fred says as he walks up to us, taking the paper.

"I haven't shown anyone" Ron tries to say.

"No not a soul" retorts george mockingly as the twins start to list people rons shown off too.

"Harry!" Mum calls as she runs up to Harry and gives him a hug.

"Mrs Weasley" Harry sighs in relief as he stands up, he's now just taller than her, which he hasn't had to do. But again shows how much we've grown. I mean, Hermione and I have started to wear training bras. We went shopping for some together with her parents before our trip to egypt. The muggle ones are so much more comfy then any my mum suggested i try.

Mum starts to talk to Harry and makes sure he has all his supplies he needs while I look out the only window leading to the street.

"Looking to see if someone passes huh?" Hermione teases.

"You have no idea how much it sucks to get 2 letters a week when you're used to seeing him everyday. I wish there was a way to contact him more instantly." i say with a disappointed snicker. I look over to see Dad pulling Harry aside as the rest of the weasley family sit down and start chatting with a cup of tea or coffee each.

"I wonder what they're talking about over there." I whisper to Hermione as we watch my father and Harry talk.

"Who knows. Either it's serious or your dad is asking how a stamp works." Hermione mumbles. Not offensively, it is the kind of thing my Dad would ask about. But he wouldn't do that privately, especially when Hermione is right there.

A/N- am I back? yes. is it bc my country is in lockdown and I have to stay inside and I have nothing better to do? also yes. is this this a good thing? maybe? but I assume some of u are too, so ill try to entertain ya. thanks for reading. I'll try to upload more soon but I can't really make promises as it has been at least half a year since updating. keep commenting I love your comments sm, they make me laugh a lot. feel free to correct my spelling ik I suck, but I can only get better with help so. thank you. love y'all lots and I really hope it was worth the wait. ALSO WHOLEY SHOOT OVER 123K READS! WTF THANKS FOR THE LOVE <3! please do vote if you liked this chapter and want more! ily!