Chapter Fourty Six

BRETTS POV;

I got to say goodbye to her. I held her and kissed her one last time. After I woke up from freaking out I was calm.

Deaton talked to me, I wasn't an alpha anymore. When I took her life with my claws I gave her that power. There's myths that it puts you into a death like sleep and you could rise in a few years into a werewolf from the dead. Like he said, it's a myth but it gave me some hope.

*MONTHS LATER*

I visited her grave everyday. I didn't miss a day. I left flowers and got more once they died. I've sat there and talked to her, told her my day and some days I even slept above her grave.
Mourning and crying for my girl. She will always be mine and I will always be hers.

I've watched her parents stand above her crying and holding each other. I couldn't stand it. Derek watched over me now, he became close like my brother since Peter left town. He was scared of Lily for some reason but didn't expect her to die. He thought she would rise into something more powerful than anything
we've seen. Derek also didn't want me killing myself. That's why he watched and helped me.

*TWO YEARS LATER *

Today's the day she came over and when we kissed and made love for the first time. I will never forget that night. I'll never forget holding her and seeing her beautiful face and knowing she was my girl. I had flashbacks of that night and seeing her smile so bright it made me smile. Remembering her tucking her long brown hair behind her ear and her looking down and smiling and man, my world flipped upside down. I never wanted anything more.

I leaned over directly onto her grave. I talked to her about the flashbacks and tears dropped down my face as I held the grass below me and above her.

I couldn't stop crying but at this moment I made a dead stop in crying. My eyes went wide open and I was dead quiet. I heard something. Something below me, in her grave.

No, it couldn't be. I put my head onto the grass and listened.

And what I heard made my heart drop.

It was a heartbeat.

Right below me in her grave.

A heartbeat.