Chapter Sixteen

I ran into the woods and grabbed the bow and an arrow and got one ready, holding It like I was going to shoot But didnt shoot. My dad has taught me a long time ago to use a bow. It was smaller and so was I. I now know why he wanted me to learn so bad. He knew I'd encounter wolves but didn't think I'd go to a dance with one. I held It in that position and found a perfect spot to practice. It was dawn and the sun was starring to rise so I could see alright.

I pulled back an arrow and shot at a tree. Perfect shot. I Grabbed It and retried, perfect shot again. I grabbed It, looked around the woods and seen the burnt house were the guy attacked me. I pulled an arrow back and set off the the house.

I was so mad I wasn't thinking. I felt like it was a dream and nothing could harm me. I blacked out, my adrenaline was pumping. I walked up to the house, opened the door and went In. I went to were the spiral was and grabbed my phone and took a picture of It.

"Its called a triskalaien"

I turned around, pulled back an arrow and shot at the guy who said It, The same guy who attacked me, But he caught the arrow.

I was In shock, but grabbed another and held it up to him, not shooting but ready to.

"Are you one of them?" I asked. He looked at me confused.

"A werewolf?" He laughed and twirled the arrow in his hand.

"Well!" I yelled while aimimg at his chest.

He showed me his glowimg red eyes and I jumped back a little and I felt my heart racing and that answered my question.

I knew how dangerous they were but kept my position firm. I felt stronger but there was still a touch of scared. What was I thinking.

"Why did you attack me?" I asked as he walked closer and around me, I followed him with my arrow.

"Its my nature" he replied.

I didnt know what that was but I guessed that had something to do with him being a monster.

"Whats your name?" I aksed.

"Derek Hale" he replied.

"Why are you here, do you live here?" I questioned him.

"Yes, my family got burnt In this house, only me and my uncle peter survived.

The name hit me, Peter! I heard Brett say It when he seen The guy who almost ran me over.

I didn't ask but knew he had to be what he was too, a werewolf. Derek didn't seem mean but lonely. I put down my arrow but still kept it ready to pull up and shoot.

"Go back home, Its not safe here." Derek said with kind eyes.

I looked at him then headed out the door looking behind me to be safe. I pulled an arrow back ready to shoot but holding it down.

I reached the woods being careful of my suroundings. I held my arrow up ready to shot to the sound of leaves crunching so I turned around and shot. I looked and realized it was Brett, standing right In the target of the arrow.