Chapter Nine

I quickly checked to see what he said. the text read:

"Hey Um Im really sorry what happened... It wont happen again. I didnt know you felt that way, Can we still please be friends?

I didnt know how to react, I didnt reply either. Dont get me wrong I did feel like a complete jerk, But I couldn't fall for Brett or Like him cause I knew I would end up falling, without him catching me, and that sucks. It's happened to me before many times. I didnt reply for days, three days. He didnt text either so I guess I wasn't all that special.

To get him off my mind I grabbed my phone, headphones, shoes and my comfy grey sweater and went out for a run threw the woods. They were just behind my house not even a mile. I liked it. How close the woods were, they always made me feel better. So calm, so peaceful, so pretty, and a great way to clear your head.

Beacon Hills Woods were pretty sketchy although, It was also pretty windy and alittle chilly, But I didn't care, I needed to forget about Brett and I was in much need of a run threw the woods.

As I put my headphones In and turned up my music I started to run. I kept running and didnt stop till I didnt know where I was anymore. I stopped running, took out my headphones and looked around.

I was breathing heavy but I kept walking straight and I came across this old house, It looked like it was In a fire but It wasnt all burnt down, The house was still standing, Just some of it was falling, and missing. I walked up closer to the house inspecting It, I seen the door was open a bit. without really thinking, I walked up to It. I wasn't thinking at all, the house like pulled me in. I stepped on the stairs, and then onto the porch. I pushed the door open a bit standing back as It swung open slowly creeking as It opened all the way until it hit the wall.

I walked In and the floor creaked every other step I took. I looked all around the house, It had an upstairs and a basement But I stayed on the first floor. I walked further and walked up to a dresser In the corner. The dresser had a broken picture of a boy and a older women, who looked liked the mom of the boy.

I looked over on the wall In the room and seen some type of carving, it was something I've never seen before and I had no clue what it was. The pattern was bizarre. I walked up to the burnt wall and dusted off the wall with my hand, stood back and seen the bizarre carving. It looked like a giant spiral, Three spirals connected to each other in the middle. I looked and stared at the shape then I heard a creak on the floor behind me.

I didn't do anything but grab a old peice of wood from the floor and hid around the corner. Slowly walking backwards into the corner. It was a person. I could hear heavy breathing so Im guessing it's a male by the way he's breathing and sounding. He was standing there facing the other way. Didn't see me or know I was in here. He had no shirt on, But I looked at his back and seen the sprial I seen on the wall, tattooed on his back. Exact same pattern.

I hid back In the corner gripping the peice of wood. I could feel my own heart beatting like It was going to explode. I closed my eyes and tried to calm myself down. My eyes shot open as I heard foot steps coming closer to were I was hiding. My heart started pounding and going crazy it felt like it was going to shoot out of my chest.

I gripped the peice of wood ready to hit the male in self defence. The man walked right past were I was hiding but didn't see me, I stood so still, wide eyed, held my breath and watched him as he looked at the picture sitting on the dresser, stroking his fingers across it.

I moved my foot to try to make an escape plan since I was right around the corner from the door, But the floor creaked and the man shot back and looked me dead In the eyes.