Chapter Ten

I looked at him as he looked me dead In the eyes and looked at me confused and mad probley wondering why I was here. But why was he?

I looked back standing there as still as I could, gripped the wood In my hand as he looked down at the wood and In a flash he lunged at me knocking the wood a few feet from me and hit me hard enough to put me on the ground.

I squessed my eyes and held my head In pain. I quickly looked back at him and he grabbed my ankles and started dragging me away. I screamed and reached for a peice of wood on the ground, trying to kick my legs and I turned around and smacked the man with the wood piece I managed to grab, enough to get my lose from his grip on my ankles free and get up and run out the door Into the woods.

I ran, tripping on my own feet and didnt look back, Before I reached the woods, I felt a pull on my ankles knocking me to the ground. Harder this time, it almost put me out it was so sudden and a hard fall from standing straight up. I hit my head unprepared for the fall and was wincing in pain. I turned around and seen the guy pulling me again.

I screamed louder this time while kicking and trying to get free. Then suddenly I gave up, I got so tired, so weak and my head was killing me. He pulled me In and traped me beneath him and asked me what I was doing In his house. Before answering him I looked at him so confused

"I didnt know anyone lived here, I'm sorry." letting a tear escape my eye and roll down my check.

He wiped my tear with his thumb from my check and I turned my head away, and shone to try and get free. He pushed down harder on his grip on me and I screamed in pain. He grabbed my face and raised his hand like he was going to hit me.

I closed my eyes, giving up then I felt him get pushed off me, all the weight came flying off of me and I could catch my breath again. my eyes shot open and I seen another guy fighting him and Slowly sat up and realized It was Brett, holding him down telling me to run. so I did, I ran into the woods this time really tripping on my feet and stumbling over tree branches until I got so tired I couldnt run anymore. I hid behind a a big oak tree and sat there trying to catch my breath.

I felt something on my shoulder, thinking It was the guy who attacked me I jumped and turned around but It was only Brett. I sighed In relief. Taking breaths between each words

I asked Brett, "How did you-" *I paused and realized something* "Did you follow me?"

"I walk In these woods too and I heard you scream" Brett answerd me.

"Are you okay" He asked while touching the cut on my left check. Distracting me from the fact he was in the woods the same time I was. Plus they're close to my house. Not his.

"Yeah Im fine" I replied, lying.

my check and head actually hurt and I was scared and In shock becasue I just got attached. I've never had anything like that happen to me.

He looked at me, With that look asking for me to except his apology. I didnt say anything But look down and wonder why he didnt text after three days but let the question slide. So all I did was look down and let a tear fall.

"Lily are you okay"? He asked again. Grabbing my face making me look at him. He was so concerned, I kinda liked it.

I nodded but He knew I was lying because He moved In closer and hugged me.

I didnt mind because I needed a hug so I put my arm around him completing the hug. It felt good, I'm not gonna lie. His warmth against my cold body and my stress went away. I was now calm. We sat there for a good two minutes until I calmed down completely and felt safe again.

I felt a tear from him as He held me tighter and Brett said, "Im really sorry."