Chapter Twenty

He hugged me tighter and didnt let go. We had a momet like this before, when Derek attacked me, But this time Its different. Maybe because I know what he really Is but Somewhere Inside of me I feel alot safer.

He can run faster, hear better and Is pretty much Invincible. In Bretts arms I felt safer than I ever have but still alittle worried because he never told me about him, I had to find out, But I trust him. Don't get me wrong, I'd be dead by now if it wasn't for him. I'm started to think I have a death wish. Without him, I'd be dead.

"I'll walk you home" Brett said leaving our hug.

I got up and shook my head okay. We walked pretty much In silence the whole time till I got to my yard.

"Thanks for walking me home" I said while smiling and trying to figure out a way to hide my neck.

He didn't say anything but smile and walk away. I decided  I was just going to run up to my room because I had no strength to climb my roof to my window. I didn't want my mom or especially my dad seeing my neck.

I opened the door slightly and peeked In, no one was there so I tried to run quitely up to my room. I ran in my room and shut and locked the door behind me. I turned around and got startled. My dad was standing In the corner. He knew what I did and what I was up to because he caught me red handed, with the bow and arrow.

"What are you doing with those?" He looked at me holding the bow.

"I was practicing" I replied.

"Practicing for what?" He asked suspicious.

"To protect myself because theres werewolves running around dad, Is that a good enough answer?"

He looked at me speechless. he couldnt say anything about it.

"I dont want someone saving me all the time. I want to feel stronger and knowing I can protect myself!" I snapped

"Let me teach you then" my dad replied.

"Teach me?" I asked.

"Follow me" He replied while walking out my room.

I followed him downstairs to the garage where all the weapons were.

"You can keep the bow and arrow, and this" He handed me a knife with a hole at the end, for my fingers to go in for support and hold.

He showed me how to use it, it wasnt for throwing but you put your two fingers In the hole at the end of the knife and fight with that.

"You cant carry a bow every where you go, can you?" He told me handing me the knife.

He handed me a different type of arrow head,

"when you shoot this, It explodes and blinds them. you dont shoot them but shoot the nearest building, tree or object.

He handed me three and told me for emergencies only and If theres a pack after you.

The last thing he gave me was a little black bag to put the knife and arrow heads In. Before I could say thankyou he told me,

"You will start training tomorrow."