Season 1: Episode 1

This is something I have been thinking about for some time. I want to help the youth in making a lot of real–life decisions by giving you sex education and education about other problems that we as teenagers face. Don't focus only on the fun part, please take the advice seriously.
Snapchat: idiedlastyearr

I'm Legend. I just wrote the BECE (Basic Education Certificate Examination) and the truth is, I failed. Due to my dad having friends in high places, I was put in St. Augustine's College, popularly known as 'Augusco', a prestigious senior high school in Ghana.

I didn't like the school at first because it's a boys' school and I'm straight, but by the grace of God, Holy Child School (Holico) a girls' school, was just around the corner. It was fortunate because the girls were really pretty.

My first week at school wasn't bad because the seniors were surprisingly cool, contrary to what I was expecting. They even helped me academically because they knew I was not a very good student.

At my second week at school, one of my friend's sisters who was in Holico came to visit him. The girl was heaven in a human body. Try as much as I could, my eyes wouldn't stray from her. She was honestly the prettiest girl I'd ever seen.

She was playing with her Gucci purse when I noticed an envelope dropping from the purse. Nobody else saw it. I realised that this was a once in a life time opportunity. I could pick the envelope up and return in to her, and perhaps get to talk to her and take her number or something.

When she was leaving, I went over to where I saw the envelope drop and opened it. My mouth hanging open in shock, I saw that the envelope was filled with money. Fifty cedi notes; lots of them.
At first I thought, why not keep it? Perhaps an angel had possessed me, or my desire to speak with this girl was too strong that I did something stupid. I went running after her️.

"Girl! Girl!" I yelled, but she didn't even turn around. A dozen other boys must have already approached her; it was a boys' school after all. Thankfully, I manged to catch up to her just before she got to the gate. I stopped in front of her, panting heavily and feeling like I was Usain Bolt.

It took five seconds to get some air into my lungs, and she stood looking at me like I was insane. It was quite hilarious, honestly. If any other boys were watching me, they must've thought I was some desperate idiot.

I suddenly felt nervous as she looked at me with wide eyes. Awkwardly, I handed over the envelope and said, "You dropped this."

From the look on her face, I thought she was going to faint. She clearly couldn't believe her eyes. She took the envelope, looking up at me once she noticed that it'd been open.

She hurriedly counted the money while I stood there, feeling out of place. It turned out that there was a whooping seven hundred cedis inside, and it was intact. Not one note had gone missing.

She shot me a grateful smile and hugged tightly, giving me a peck on the cheek. Her lips were so soft and smooth, they felt like the stuff of dreams. I didn't want to let her go.

She informed me that her name was Bela and that she was in form one like me. We exchanged numbers. She wanted to give me two hundred cedis, but I refused. I wanted her to think that I was a 'big boy'—which was stupid, in retrospect—but truth be told, I had spent all my money. We talked until it was time for the visitors to leave, and she gave me another hug and a peck and left.

No phones are allowed in Augusco or any other government school in Ghana, but if you're smart, you can keep and use one. Almost everybody in school was smart. During free period, I checked WhatsApp, and saw a message from Bela.

As we talked, she told me that she lived in Tema, community two (Italian flat). Our places weren't too far apart, since I stayed at Tema community two (BBC). She wanted us to be close friends and she also told me that she had an ex–boyfriend in Augusco. He was a certain strong boy with a very intimidating body. She also asked me whether I was in a relationship, and I confessed that I was single. We kept talking until free period ended.

From that day, we talked on a regular basis till vacation was near. In turn, I became close to her brother, a boy popularly known as Drogba due to his playboy nature.

We vacated and I went home. I'd missed everything about my house. The house was virtually mine since my father worked at the Tema harbour and was hardly ever home, while my mother worked in the United Kingdom. My aunt who lived some blocks away made food for me sometimes.

The day I got home, all I did was to eat and sleep. The next day I woke up early, bathed and wore some new clothes I had bought before school. I took money my dad left for me for food from the dining table and went to my favourite 'waakye' spot. I used my sleek jumper bicycle so it took me only five minutes to get there. The waakye place was just a stone's throw from Italian flat, but I wanted to eat before I started thinking of Bela.

I took my food back home and ate quickly. Once I was done, I cleaned my mouth and took a mint, ready to go and see her. I pulled my phone out, shocked upon seeing that I'd received ten messages and missed four calls from Bela. She wanted me to visit her and had even sent me her block's number and address.

It was flattering that she wanted me to visit so badly, so I got on my bike and left. Just in case, I also stopped by a pharmacy to pick some condoms just in case. I need to prevent my 'friend' down there from causing trouble. Let's call him Bra Kojo.

I got to Block E and went up to her door. After ringing the bell, a shocking realisation dawned on me. Her brother could be home, and he would've been a menace to us. Before I could decide what to do, the door opened.

Bela was standing there dressed in a nightie; a see–through one too. Even though my eyes were bulging out of my head, she just laughed and leaned in to hug me.

She invited me in, and I sat on the couch. She called the maid and told her to bring me anything I asked for. Trying to be modest, I asked for water and was served immediately.

To start a conversation, I told her that her house was beautiful—it really was—but she laughed and said that it was a small place her mom bought for the time she was working in Tema. They had four other houses, and her brother was not even in Tema. It was a relief, but I realised that she was a spoilt, rich kid.

She told me to come and see her room and I agreed. We sat on her bed and continued talking. Suddenly, the conversation changed into something more sensual, and she told me that she wanted to be my girlfriend. I smiled and told her that I had feelings for her. Before I realised what happened, she was on top of me and we were kissing.

We were seriously kissing! Bra Kojo—my friend down there—rose from his slumber. It didn't take long for her to notice him. We couldn't go any further, unfortunately, because my phone rang. I paused our make–out session and had to excuse myself since it was my dad. He'd come home and he asked me to return immediately for a surprise.

Bela got angry when I told her that I had to leave. I begged her, telling her that I had no other alternative, but she kept saying I lied to her and did not want her. Of course I wanted her—who wouldn't?—but I had to leave because my father wanted me back home. I tried speaking to Bela but she was so angry that she threw me out.

--
Edited by KendallBlacc