Chapter 11

Previously on Chapter 10

After a while of flying... I finally reached Burgess. I head to the park where the children always play at. From afar I'm able to see the silhouette of Jack playing around with the kids. But he didn't notice me there. I smirk and scoop up some snow in my hand forming it into a snowball. Then I shot it towards Jack. He yelps in surprise when the snow hits him square in the face. The kids laugh at him. I giggle as well. He turns to me "Oooh... You're so gonna get it, snowflake" he said advancing towards me. "Kyaaa!!!" I yelp running away. The kids just continue on laughing at us. Soon he manage to catch me. Then we starts to play the whole evening.

I wish I would know my center soon. So I would know why my dad 'Man in Moon' would picked me as a Guardian and so I could use my full power... Maybe get rid of Pitch once and for all

-Memory-

Y/N P.O.V

All the other guardians are busy doing their own things. So I'm all by myself. I sigh and got up from my bed. I went over to the window and open it. Then I flew.... Just fly to look for something fun.

I went over to the last location I'm with my Mom before she got killed. I don't remember anything that's happen. I was still so young when that happens.

After a while of flying. I've finally reached the shore of the beach. I land and start walking towards it. I took a seat at the warm sand. I sigh "Mom.... Why am I born like this? What's my purpose? What's my center? Why did dad choses me to be a Guardian?" I talk to the air.

I laid down on the sand and look up at the sky. My eyes starting to get heavy. So heavy that I just give in and close them. Slowly drifting off to sleep. I won't have to worry about people seeing me. I'm a spirit now... No human would able to see me.

Dream

I was in a room. Then there's a little girl with h/l h/c. Of course I recognise her. She's the me when I was just a little girl and still part spirit. She's running around with an adult chasing her. She's giggling and squealing in delight. The man soon catches her. I remember my mom told me I was such a nice girl.

But then the scene change. The little me was acting evil. She bullied other kid. They all run away in fear from the little girl. All other villagers are afraid of her. Her Mom, being worried took her and lock her inside the house. Not letting her step outside ever.

But then she became nice again. It's almost as if she has two personality. One moment she's all nice and sweet. Next time she's all mean and evil. Both have the same amount of time.

It goes back and forth. She became nice and evil. I watch the scene in front of me with pure confusion. It's balance.... Both evil and kind is dominant inside me.... I'm both.

End of dream

I woke up with a gasp. What just happens? What is that dream? Was it a memory? Why do I have the same amount of evil and kind inside me? Does it have to do with me being able to do what others can? There's a lot of question inside my brain. But not of them has answer. It only makes me dizzy.

I sigh and got up from the sand. I look up the sky and shock. 'Did I sleep that Long?!' I shout in my head. I fly back to North Pole. Entering my room from my window that isn't close. As soon as I step on my room floor I was quickly being approached by Jack. He has an angry look on his face mixed with worry and sadness. "Where have you been?!" He shouted at me. I flinch and he notice. His eyes soften and walk towards me slowly. He pulled me into his arms and embrace me tightly "don't go off like that without telling anybody. At least if none of us is here, tell one of the yetis. So I won't be worry sick about you" he said while pulling away to look at me. I nod at him then smile "I will, Jack. I'm sorry to make you worried" I say wrapping my arms around his torso. "Where did you go?" "To the beach.... The last place I was with my mom before she got killed. I went there hoping I could remember something from my childhood. I was so young when that incident happens. So I thought if I go there I would remember something." I say. "Oh...." "Sorry again for leaving without telling anyone" I say. "It's okay... Just don't do that again and actually tell someone before you go, 'Kay?" "Okay...." We stayed in each other's arm for a while before he pulled away and look at me. "So? Did you remember anything?" He ask. "Yeah.... I fallen asleep on the beach and have a dream about my under water life. I'm sure it's a memory" "so what do you see in your dream" "I have evil inside me Jack. I'm not completely pure. I'm also evil. I hurt someone...." Jack stay silent as I continued to tell him.

After I was done telling him, he just sat there on my bed in thought. "Jack?" I call out while waving my hand in front of his face. He snaps out of it and look at me. "S-sorry..." He blushed. I just giggle in respond and soon stop, then I look down. "Jack..." He turns to look at me. "Is me being both evil and good have something to do with my center?" I ask. "I don't know either, snowflake." Pulling me in his arms "but we'll find out soon.... I know we will" he whispers. I nod my head and snuggle into his chest. "Jack.... I'm scared" I mumble. "Why are you scared, snowflake?" "What if the evil side of me resurface again. What if I hurt someone?" I say as I start to cry. Jack hugs me tighter. "Shh... I won't let that happen. You're not evil Y/N.... You're the kindness girl I've ever met" after he said that, I became a bit calm. Soon I fall asleep in his arms.

Jack P.O.V

I'm really confused. I also wanna know.... Why did Y/N have both evil and pure in her. But why the other side of her never resurface? I just shook the thought away. Y/N won't be evil. I pick her up and laid her gently to her bed. Slipping under cover I laid next to her. I wrap my arms around her waist and pull her closer. Closing my eyes then drift off to sleep.

*to be continued*