19

(Editing note: I FINISHED THE FUCKING STORY BITCHES! There's a good twenty chapters left for me to post, but writing is complete. I may start another X fic, but it will have a pretty different premise. I'm releasing this extra chapter as a bit of  celebration even though this chapter is depressing as fuck but like, it's aight. SPOILER IT'S A HAPPY ENDING DON'T WORRY!!!

"Do you love him?" Jenifer asked as we sat in her well decorated living room.

"I-I don't know." I stammered.

"Does he know?" She asked.

"I want to tell him but it's embarrassing. I don't want to lose him for something so stupid." I groaned.

"You were assaulted. That's not something stupid. It's something you have to tell him about. He won't hate you or anything." Jenifer assured me. I nodded.

"I just don't think I can tell him. Telling Ski was hard enough, but my boyfriend? Specifically Jahseh... I just don't know." I sighed, placing my head in my hands.

"Look, it may seem hard now, but it'll be better in the long run and you'll feel a lot better about the situation." She assured me. I nodded.

"I know." I sighed.

"How do you just tell someone that, though?" I asked her.

"I mean, you have to sit down and talk to him." She advised.

"Isn't it too early?" I asked.

"It's not too early for the truth."

"Why you over here sounding like a fortune cookie when you fuck a dude for a living?" I asked, not being too serious.

"Sex with a fine ass guy and money? Shame will never trump luxury." She said with a wink. "Anyways, you need to talk to him."

"Alright. I'm going to do it." I promised. She smiled. 

"Get moving, babygirl!" 

I left her apartment and closed the door behind me, taking a deep breath while doing so. I'm not going to do it.

---

"What's up, Mira?" Jahseh asked, flinging an arm around my shoulder. 

"Nothing." I said. 

"You feelin' okay? You look sick." 

"Thanks, Jahseh." I chuckled sarcastically. He rolled his eyes. 

"Not like that. I mean like, actually ill. Like you're about to throw up."

"Jahseh, not helping. I'm just really tired." I assured him. 

"Do you want me to stay with you?" He asked. "I mean, I have to work and shit, but I can stay here." 

"I will not make you do that." I told him. 

"Why not? I like being with you." 

"I don't want us to be one of those couples that become immediately joined at the hip. We'll get sick of each other and I think that things should be taken really slow." I said. I immediately winced. I was too harsh. Way too harsh. He was going to leave and hate me and I'd lose my boyfriend just as soon as I'd gotten him. 

"I feel that." He said simply, not pulling away. "But if you need me, call."

"Really?" I asked. He looked at me, his eyebrows furrowed. 

"Um... yes?" He confirmed with a laugh. "What'd you expect me to say? I'm not trynna cuff and move in with you and shit. We've been dating for less than a month."