31

"Hey." I greeted the guys as I walked into the apartment.

"Ay lil mama." Stokely greeted me.

"How was it?" Jahseh asked me. I shrugged.

"It was okay, I guess. Nothing special." I said.

"Meet any cute guys?" Stokely joked. Jahseh looked at him, a deadpan expression on his face.

"I wish a nigga would." Jahseh said simply. I laughed and plopped my bag down, pulling my phone out and sitting down on the couch next to Jahseh. I didn't expect an immediate text from Rob. It was normal for guys to wait for a few days so they don't seem too interested. I wasn't interested in him though. Just interested in new friends. Who knows? Maybe he's really nice.

"You look cute." Jahseh said.

"Thanks." I said, smiling at him.

"I mean it." He said, kissing my cheek.

"Nigga! I can't hang wit ya'll niggas for two minutes!" Stokely yelled, slamming his hand on the arm rest of the couch. I laughed.

"Aw, baby! You're just the cutest thing!" I exclaimed dramatically, kissing Jahseh's cheek. He laughed.

"Ya'll fuckin' play too much." Stokely said.

"Sure." I said. "So what're we watching?"

---

Two days later

"Come on." Jahseh said, tapping his foot. I sighed and grabbed my satchel,  opening the door.

"I don't know why you insist on doing this kind of shit. I don't want you to be nice to be like this." I said.

"Because, not only do I get to hang out with you, but I get to spoil you." He said. He unlocked his car and I opened the door, sitting in the front passenger seat. He got in and started the car and then we were on the road.

"Where are we going?" I asked.

"Just to go grab some food."

"Ugh, seriously?" I laughed.

"Is there are problem?" He asked, raising a brow but keeping his eyes on the road.

"I don't think I've ever finished a meal." I said.

"That's not a problem. You good." He said.

"Alright." I laughed.

"Alright." He agreed.

About fifteen minutes later, we pulled into an IHop parking lot. He did mention loving IHop.

"I know it's not exactly-"

"Don't finish that sentence, Jahseh. I don't like fancy and I am in the mood for french toast anyways." I said. He grinned and we got out of the car and walked into the restaurant. A woman seated us at a booth and told us our waiter would be there shortly.

"I like the diner vibes." He said.

"Me too. It's very comfy." I agreed. He nodded and flipped open the menu.

"What're you gettin'?" He asked me.

"French toast with nutella." I said. "You."

"Man, I live fancy. Imma get a shteak." He said. I laughed.

"A 'shteak'? I asked.

"Fuck yeah." He laughed. I giggled and shook my head.

"You are so goofy." I said, grinning. He mirrored my expression. He was beautiful. From his dark eyes to his caramel skin and unique tattoos. He was different.

"Like what you see?" He asked, raising a brow.

"Maybe." I said, smiling.

"Hello, I'm Janira and welcome to IHop." A gorgeous girl with kinky curls and dark skin said. I thought literally everyone was pretty. That's because everyone was. Well, compared to me. "Can I start you guys with a drink?"

"Iced tea." Jahseh said.

"Gotchu." She said before pausing and staring at Jahseh in awe. "You're XXXTentacion!"

"I'm trynna keep a low profile, but yeah." He said, laughing a bit at the last part.

"Oh my god, I love your music." She gushed. Awesome. Pretty girl is also a fan girl.

"Thanks." He said, an awkward smile on his face.

"Can you sign my pad?" She asked. He shrugged. She flipped the page and ripped out a paper, placing it in front of him and throwing a pen on the table. She squealed quietly as he jotted something down before handing it back to her. She squealed even louder. "Thank you so much!"

"Yep." He said, nodding his head. She turned to me, a small frown on her face.

"Who are you?" She asked.

"I'm Amira. I'm not famous whatsoever." I said, a sarcastic smile on my face.

"I know that." She said, sounding almost disgusted. "I mean, why are you with XXXTentacion?"

"That doesn't matter." Jahseh cut in. "She's a customer and should be treated like one."

"It's alright, Jahseh." I said, smiling at him. "Can I please get hot chocolate?"

"Yeah." She said, smirking. "It's in the kitchen."

"Yo, you don't gotta be an asshole." Jahseh said. "I'm just trynna have lunch, bro."

"Sorry. I just don't serve sluts." She said. I laughed and bit my knuckle. Bitch. That's the pot calling the kettle black.

"Well ain't that hypocritical." I muttered. She scoffed.

"I'll get your tea and hot chocolate." She said before walking away.

"Thanks." Jahseh said after her.

"That happen a lot?" I asked.

"More than I'd like." He said, tapping his fingers on the table. I placed my hand over his, making him look up at me. The sunlight streaming in through the window made his face glow, the little wispy hairs that stuck out of his dreads glowing in the sun.

"I don't care, if that's why you're annoyed. Honestly, it doesn't fucking matter what she said." I assured him.

"I jus don't think my fans should be disrespectin' the people I hang out wit." He said.

"I know. It's fine, though." I said. Suddenly, our waitress plopped my hot chocolate in front of me. She gave Jahseh his iced tea too.

"There you go. Sorry for that whole thing. Don't know what got into me." She said apologetically. Girl. I'm not stupid. "What can I get ya'll for food?"

"I'll get steak and eggs." He told her. She nodded and jotted that down. She then looked to me.

"I'll get the french toast and nutella." I said.

"Cool. I'll be right back with all that." She assured us, walking away. He sipped his drink while I pushed mine to the side.

"What's wrong?" He asked. I laughed.

"I'm a waitress." I told him. "If a waitress doesn't like you, she will definitely spit in your drink. I've even seen someone put a bit of drain cleaner in coffee."

"Damn." He laughed.

"I'll ask a different waiter for orange juice." I said.

"Sounds like a plan." He chuckled, sipping his tea. Even though the server was fucking rude, it was really nice to be with Jahseh.