on my own - part four

written by : dj-sparkle-dust

Harry Hook was lying on his bed, one arm resting under his head as he stared stoically at the ceiling. Sure, the bed in the dorm he shared with Gil was comfortable. But, it was too comfortable. It felt nothing like the one back on the ship, or even the one back at your - now is not the time, Harry.
The pirate shook his head as if to shake away his thoughts. He couldn't let himself get too caught up in his emotions. He had a job to do and it would complicate things too much.
He stood up, walking over to the window that stared out at the school-grounds. "Everything is so much prettier here than in the Isle," He mumbled to himself. He scoffed as his eyes fell on the statue of the Beast. "And I thought I was full of meself. 'Least I never had a magical statue made of meself... actually... That's not a bad idea. A giant statue, dedicated to Harry Hook. With a magnificent, shining hook."
His self-glorifying thought were interrupted by a half asleep Gil. "Harry, you're talking to yourself again," he muttered, covering his head with his pillows.
Harry rolled his eyes, "Go back to sleep, bampot."Gil grunted in response.
Harry shook his head, looking up at the stars he had been deprived of seeing his entire life. He smirked to himself.
"Well, it wouldn't hurt to finally have some fun while I wait."

The knocking on your door started at seven in the morning that Saturday, lasting until 7:10, when you finally got tired of it waking you up from your sleep. You slid on your bunny slippers and stomped to the door in your (embarrassing) teddy bear pajamas, throwing the door open without a second thought. Carlos stood at your door, concerned look on his face before it melted into one of amusement.
"Nice pajamas. Did you rip them off a five year old?"
"Nice hair, did you rip it off a Q-Tip?" You shot back, crossing your arms.
"Ha, very funny. You might want to come down to the courtyard," He addressed quickly, anxiously shifting from foot to foot. "Like, now."
"You can wait for me to get dressed," You replied, turning to walk back into your room before getting pulled away by Carlos. "There's no time!" He barked, quickly pulling you down the stairs.
"Carlos I am in my teddy bear pajamas and bunny slippers! I can't go down there!" you shouted, running to keep up with the boy.
"Call it a fashion statement!"

"Holy fadoodle Cakes," You whispered, staring up at the statue of the Beast. Well, what was the beast. Now it was covered in pirate getup and dead fish. You were pretty sure you could see an octopus up there too.
You pushed to the front of the group of onlookers and found the pirates standing there proudly. One in particular looked very amused at the awe and horror filled gazes. Then, he met your eyes and his grin grew even more.
"Hello, Lass. Come to marvel at yer dear ol' Harry's work? Wait... Are ye wearin' teddy bear pajamas and bunny slippers?" Harry asked, snickering at your attire.
You gave him an indignant gasp, glaring at the laughing boy. "Lay off my teddy bears and bunny slippers! And fix this statue! Now!" You shouted, keeping your voice relatively quiet as to not to alert any of what was going on.
"Now why would I do that, Princess? I put a lot of time and effort into this... this masterpiece, this show of me talents," He spoke proudly, before giving you a mocking pout, "Do ya not like it, lass?"
"All it proves is your ability to ruin things," You gritted out, angry at the image the pirates were giving to the children from the Isle. No doubt this little show would make others reluctant to accept the children of villains.
"Oh but darlin' I'm from the Isle, ruinin' things is what we do. Or have ye already forgotten?" Harry remarked, stroking your cheek with the hand that normally held his hook.
You clenched your teeth, anger flowing through you at a rapid pace. "No, Harold, I haven't forgotten. How can I when a perfect reminder is staring me right in the face?" You growled, shoving his hand away with a harshness you didn't know you still had. The mocking look melted away into one of shock as you stormed away from the insulting scene.
"Awkward..." Gil mumbled from beside him. In seconds he was pinned to the base the statue, an angry Harry holding a forearm to his neck. "You got somethin' you wanna say, Gil?" He growled, as if daring the other boy to open his mouth.
Gil gulped, opening his mouth to reply, but was cut off by the shrill voice of Fairy Godmother.
"Harry Hook!"

"I can't believe that little wench made us join the... what do you call it, Gil?" Harry grumbled, looking around the field.
"Tourney team?" Gil offered, tying his hair back.
"Yes. Tourney team. Pent up rage she says," The pirate scoffed, rolling his eyes. "Course we have pent up rage. Life's no fun without it. Know what I mean?"
"Mhm," Gil hummed in reply, peeling the shell off of another egg.
"Will you stop eating those foul eggs?" Harry grumbled, fanning the air as if trying to rid it of the rotten smell. " I don't care what yer dad told ye, they won't make ye any stronger. Maybe your gag reflex from breathing in those... what did that doaty science teacher call them...ah! Noxious fumes. Apparently those mess with yer head, ya know?" The pirate paused, looking at his friend, recalling the half an hour it took him to realize the push sign on a door meant push forwards, not upwards.
"It all makes since now..."

"Harry, for the last time you can't hook Jay without your hook!" Uma barked at the angry pirate. "Well, when my dad was teaching me to fight as a kid he called this certain punch a hook," Gil offered. "There we go! Then I'll punch'em!" Harry remarked, leaning against the willow tree the group of pirates were resting under.
"Practice wasn't that bad," Gil muttered. "All we did was exercise. Well, until Harry tripped that blond boy for making fun of his eyeliner. I think he broke his nose."
"And he made me do pushups! Pushups! Have you seen my arms, Lad!? Do you think I need to do pushups!?" Harry exclaimed. "If we were on the Isle I would have ripped his guts out through his mouth," He growled, eyes darkening to a deep blue.
"Yeah well we aren't on the Isle!" Uma stated, giving her first mate a stern look. "We have to lay low here until we finish the plan. You were supposed to stop going off the handle. It's going to draw more attention."
"It's not my fault! I din't want to come here in the first place, Cap! Things are a wee bit too bright and happy for me here! " Harry shot back as Gil's jaw dropped. He had never seen Harry talk back to their captain before. He must be more upset about coming here than he let off.
Uma scoffed, rolling her eyes. "Oh, please. You and I both know Y/N is why you agreed to come, whether you act like it or not. "
"Oh really? And what might the reasonin' behind that be, Cap?" Harry growled, face flushing red.
"Because she's the only person I've seen that makes you squirm like a worm on a hook with the mere mention of her name," She shot back.
Harry froze, stopping his hands from fidgeting and pulling at his sleeves anxiously, "I do not!"

Minutes later and the two were still at it, both turning red in the face.
"G-guys?" A voice called from above them. They shared a concerned look before tilting their gazes upward, eyes landing on Gil, who was hanging desperately from a tree branch. "Help!"
"When did he-"
"How did he-"
"Gil!"