scheming and steaming

written by : rosy-blushing-mess

The isle was quiet that day. One would have expected that after Mal and the others were taken to Auradon, people would be outraged. The low whispers and quiet chatted led y/n to believe that people were more anxious than anything. Y/N sneered, jumping off of her spot on the roof of an old coffee shop. She landed with a grunt and brushed herself off. With Mal gone, she finally had her chance to strike fear into the hearts of the isle's inhabitants. Y/N, daughter of Hades, was dying (no pun intended) to take over Mal's position as the Unofficial Queen of the Isle. Y/N swayed her hips as she strolled towards the shop where her best friend, Harry, loitered about.
Y/N pushed her way through the doors and glanced around the shop. As per usual, it was filled with members of Uma's crew, all stuffing their faces or competing in meaningless competitions. Strangely enough, this place was the closest thing to a real home y/n had. Sure, her dad owned the aforementioned coffee shop, but he was a hot mess. He constantly screamed at her and treated her like one of his lackeys. She scowled at the thought, which resulted in a few of the pirates cowering as far from her as possible. She turned her scowl into a snarl and stalked towards the register, knowing that Harry would appear before long.
"Well, well, well. What do we have here? What's a pretty little lass like you doing away from yer castle?" Harry slid next to her, wrapping an arm around her shoulders.
"Harry."
"Y/N."
"You know why I'm here. That little brat has finally left the Isle." Y/N grinned, turning to face her friend. "I think it's time that we cause some trouble, ya know? Let people know who's in charge around here."
Harry smirked, poking y/n's nose with his hook. "You're sexy when you're scheming. Alright, tell me about this plan of yours." He said in a hushed voice, his accent slurring his words.
"Well, for starters, we could take over her old clubhouse. Make it our own lair." Y/N suggested.
"Mhm. Like I said, sexy." Harry flirted, grabbing y/n's hand and leading her to the clubhouse.
Once they were inside, they marveled at the art on the walls. Empty spray can bottles were being kicked this way and that as y/n and Harry paced the floor. Y/N reached out and touched the wall and frowned when her hand came back with blue paint on it. Harry came by her and raised an eyebrow at her bright blue fingertips.
"We'll cover this up." Harry announced, already envisioning the adventures him and y/n could have in the dump. "We can make it less Mal and more us."
Y/N nodded, plopping onto an old, uncomfortable couch. Harry sat beside her, opening his arms so that she could lean into him. Harry, as daring as he was, wasn't able to risk rejection. He had grown to love y/n over the past years. They had always had each other. When his dad would pick on him, y/n would stand up to Harry's father with ease. When y/n's dad would rage and burn y/n, Harry was always there to help treat her burns and dry her frustrated tears. One wasn't supposed to openly show any emotion other than anger or disgust on the isle. Tears, especially, were a sign of weakness. Y/N only ever cried in front of Harry, and even then it took coaxing to make her admit to it.
"Harry?" Y/N asked, snuggled up against his chest. He looked at her and placed a kiss on her forehead.
"Yes, y/n?"
"What were you thinking about?"
Harry hesitated. He knew that this was the perfect opportunity to say something, but he was so scared of losing her. He sighed, setting his hook down on the rickety coffee table in front of them.
Y/N sat up, knowing that it must be serious. Harry rarely parted with his hook. He would only ever put it down when he was sleeping or when he was talking about something personal.
"Y/N," he began, taking her hands in his. He stared at her with piercing blue eyes. Y/N's e/c eyes held his gaze. "I love you. I have loved you for a long time. I was scared, no, sorry, am scared that you won't feel the same way. I figured now was as good a time as ever to tell you."
Y/N smiled a real, genuine smile. Not a snarl or a smirk. She dropped the bad guy act and grinned at Harry. "Is that true? You love me? This isn't just a prank?"
"It's true."
Y/N bit her lip for a second, trying to decide if she should kiss him now or make him wait for it. "Screw it." She muttered, crashing her lips to his. He smiled into the kiss, pulling her closer to him.
"I love you." Y/N admitted after a few minutes of kissing and laughing. Harry pecked her cheek, smirking as he saw a hint of a blush on her face.
"I know." Harry teased, grabbing his hook from the table and taking y/n's hand.
"Now, let's go let people know you're mine."