just a bad day

written by : daughterofgaston

Do you ever wonder if some days were just meant to be terrible? Yeah... [Y/N] Ratcliffe was having one of those days. First, she woke up late and had to rush to get ready for school. Once she got to school she realized she forgot her backpack which held everything she needed for the day. Upon her realization of forgetting her backpack, she also realized that she forgot money to get something to eat, so that meant she was likely going to go hungry that day since her brother, Rick, was most likely not going to help her out.

The worst thing that happened at school was probably when she accidentally spilled ink on Dr. Facilier, which of course would result in either detention or some sort of curse. It was obvious he chose the curse because it wasn't even five minutes after school ended she ended up slipping into a big mud puddle.

"Okay, [Y/N]," The girl murmured to herself to try and give herself a pep talk, "you just go home, get ready for work, and things will be okay after that." She muttered to herself as she entered her home, seeing her father standing there, waiting for her.

After about five minutes of being screamed at by her father for not picking up her room before she left for school and being called worthless and a no good savage, she headed into her bedroom and quickly picked up so her room was to her fathers liking. "Okay...just work." She mumbled after getting changed. What could go wrong, she was a waitress.

Everything could go wrong. The first thing that happened was the dishes hadn't been done from the day before so that meant she had to spend a good hour doing them herself, getting her clothes soaking wet and filthy and ending up cutting herself on a fork of all things while she did them. Luckily it wasn't major, but it was annoying. Next, she tripped over an uneven floorboard and accidentally spilled food all over Lady Tremaine, which [Y/N] knew she'd pay for at her next haircut. And last but not least, upon leaving her place of employment, she had to get one good burn from accidentally touching the burner of the oven.

Instead of heading home where [Y/N] were sure to get yelled at for dirtying her work uniform, she decided to head to her best friend's house to just vent and maybe relax a bit before taking on the rest of the day.

"HOOK!" [Y/N] called as she entered the house, there being more clothes on the floor than there was an actual floor, along with pieces of rotten food and empty rum bottles everywhere. Much different from her house, where if there was a single speck of dust, she was in trouble.

"Shh! Dad's asleep!" Harry called quietly from his room, motioning for her to come down his way, which she gladly did. "What's up?" He asked her after shutting the door behind her, able to tell she was stressed.

"Bad day...can I stay here?" She asked, flopping down on his bed and frowning, wanting just to spend some quality time with her best friend, not wanting to really talk about the details of the day.

Harry frowned and nodded, going over to her and sitting down, putting an arm around her and rubbing her arm. "Of course ye can...want ta lay down, lady?" He asked her, that being his little nickname for her since her father had always expected her to be a lady. After nodding, he gave a nod in understanding and laid down on his bed, shifting some to get comfortable before letting [Y/N] lay down beside him, pulling her close and letting her rest her head on his chest, rubbing her back some.

Harry was never good at comforting [Y/N], she was fairly emotional and got upset rather easy, but he tried his hardest whenever she was upset to make her feel better. But even his awkward attempts at helping helped.

The two of them just laid there for a long while, neither of them saying anything, Harry just watching as [Y/N] started to relax and her breathing got heavier, taking that as though she had fallen asleep so he began to just quietly talk to her.

"Aye, [Y/N]... I'm sorry that ye had a bad day...I wish I knew how I could make it better for ye. Ye deserve ta have nothin' but the best, and it just breaks me heart ta see ye upset like this...fuck, it just breaks me heart ta know ye get hurt at all. Yer just such a beautiful girl...I'd do anything ta put yer beautiful smile back on yer beautiful face..." Harry whispered softly to her, reaching up with his free hand and brushing some of her hair out of her face.

"Damn...I wish I had the balls to say this when ye were awake...I just, I don't know...something about ye...I love ye. That's it, I just love ye. I'm not good with love, ye know that...it's not that I don't care, I just don't know how ta show it, tis all. Because I care so much. If someone were to hurt ye right in front of me, why they'd meet the wrong end o' me hook. No one will hurt ye while I'm around...no one. Not even me." Harry whispered, that last sentence barely audible, gently pressing his lips to her forehead. "I love ye...so much." He whispered against her forehead, and when he pulled away he noticed a small smile tugging at her lips. "What the...ye little fucker!" Harry said, sitting up and realizing that she had been awake.

[Y/N] laughed at his sudden outburst, putting her hands over her mouth to keep the noise down and opening her eyes, taking a few moments to just laugh before trying to calm down, sitting up and wiping some tears from her eyes, having laughed so hard she began to cry. After taking a few deep breaths, she chuckled one last time before looking at the obviously embarrassed Harry.

"Harry Hook, you are so dumb, even for a pirate, you know that?" She asked, but she said it with a smile as she looked at him, and before he could open his mouth to comment back, she leaned in and very gently pressed her lips to his, which caused him to freeze, but he quickly got over it and returned her kiss. The two of them kissed for a solid minute before they had to pull away, the kiss wasn't heated, but that doesn't mean it wasn't passionate. It was just a more intimate passion.

"[Y/N] Ratcliffe...I love ye." Harry muttered as he pressed his forehead to hers, and [Y/N] smiled, reaching up to caress his cheek.

"And I love you, Harry Hook." She whispered back. Maybe this day wasn't so bad after all.