locked in

written by : wish-i-was-fictional-imagines

Imagine having a bad day and then being locked in a closet with your best friend and crush, Harry Hook.

You bounced on the balls of your feet impatiently as you waited in front of Carlos and Jay's door. Their room was the last stop you had to make before you were officially free for the weekend and you could finally get some time outside. After what felt like forever, the large door creaked open to reveal Jay and Carlos both standing in front of you with dorky smiles plastered on their faces. You narrowed your eyes and looked between the two boys who simply continued to smile at you.

"I'm obviously going to regret asking this, but why did you two need to see me?" You ventured, knowing it was probably something unsavory.

"We have to show you something." Carlos blurted out, which earned him a glare from Jay.

"Okay..." You said nervously, "Lead the way, I guess."

The boys were obviously eager to show you whatever had them so excited because as soon as the words had left your mouth they practically slammed their door before dragging you down the hall. They silently lead you deeper into the building than you had been before. Finally, Jay and Carlos came to a stop in front of a storage closet.

"This is it? A storage closet?" You grumbled out while crossing your arms.

"It's what's in the storage closet that we wanted to show you." Jay explained before opening the door, "Ladies first."

With a roll of your eyes, you took a few steps into the closet and instantly regretted it. As soon as you had cleared the threshold you heard the door slam shut behind you.

"Jay! Carlos! I swear if you don't let me out of here you won't be seeing straight for a week!" You threatened as you moved to try the handle. You were about a foot from the door when you heard footsteps behind you.

"Well, well, well," a thick Scottish accent lilted behind you, "look who we have her?"

You didn't need to turn around to know that your best friend, Harry Hook, stood behind you. Instead of acknowledging him, though, you reached for the handle, causing Harry to cluck his tongue.

"Don't bother with the door, love, I've already tried. Those lads locked us in."

With a frustrated grumble you leaned against the door with your arms crossed, "Great! They knew I was having a bad day, and instead of going easy on me they locked me in a closet!"

Harry sidled up to you but instead of stopping just in front of you, like any normal person would, he continued forward until he was leaning on the door with his left forearm, looming over you with that oh so attractive grin of his. In response, you stared up at Harry, not letting his current position fluster you.

"Aw, (Y/N), at least you have me. I'm sure that between the two of us we could think up some way to stay..." He trailed off, letting his gaze flicker down to your lips as he smirked before finishing his thought, "... occupied."

"Careful what you offer, Hook. I might just take you up on it." You said with a wink. That's how your and Harry's relationship usually went. Both of you would shamelessly flirt with the other and both of you stayed oblivious to the fact that your best friend actually meant it when they flirted.

"Believe me, love, I wouldn't have offered if I wasn't hoping you would." The pirate assured you with a serious tone to his usually playful voice. The sudden change in his voice took you by surprise and you suddenly became painfully aware of how close he was standing.

"Oh shut up, Harry."

"I don't think I will." He drawled, "In fact, I have something I've been meaning to tell you, but haven't been able to since you're always so hard to pin down. And since we're stuck in here, it seems like as good a time as any."

You swallowed, a little nervous about what Harry was about to say. His demeanor had shifted into a more sober version of his usually mischievous behavior. It was that shift that really made you nervous. Without any hesitation, Harry gazed into your eyes with an earnest look.

"I'm in love with you, (Y/N). I have been since the first time we met when you were trying to slip away after nicking my pocket watch."

You stared at the boy in front of you, a little shell-shocked by his sudden declaration, "You... you what?"

Harry chuckled and his smile morphed back into his mischievous one. "I'm in love with you, (Y/N) Pan. And I'm hoping that you'll say the same thing."

"Of course I love you, you stupid pirate!" You whispered before closing whatever tiny amount of distance was still between the two of you and pressed a kiss to Harry's lips. He quickly responded by kissing you back as he let his hand that had been propped on the door fall to cup your jaw. You moved your fingers up to tangle in the pirate's dark hair, which prompted Harry to smile into the kiss. After a few moments, you reluctantly pulled away and smiled at Harry, who had a huge grin plastered on his face. As soon as he caught his breath, Harry wrapped his arms around your waist, pulling you as close as possible and began to pepper you in slow, lazy kisses.

"You do realize they locked us in here so we would finally admit to this, right?" You murmured in between kisses.

"Of course I do." Harry answered without removing his attention from his current task, "Who do you think put them up to it?"

Reluctantly, you pulled away from Harry and stared at him. Harry simply smirked back at you.

"Come on, darling. I don't exactly see you complaining."

"Oh, shut up, Hook." You said with a playful roll of your eyes. Harry apparently took this as a challenge because he leaned down so that his lips were tantalizingly close to yours.

"You know what? I don't think I will. In fact..." He began, but before he could finish, you let out an exasperated sigh and used your arms—which were still tangled in his hair—to pull him into a kiss. You felt the pirate's lips quirk to one side in a smirk as he pulled you back against him, enticing you to sigh. Maybe being locked in a closet wasn't the worst thing that could have happened to you.