on my own - part eight

A/N: Sorry guys its been a while! I kinda just forgot about this book and got distracted with school, and life! Then I sorta got over my Harry Hook phase but ehh I uploaded! A year and a half later!

written by : dj-sparkle-dust

"Harry, we need to talk," Uma stated, walking into the room he shared with Gil the next morning, receiving an uninterested hum in reply. She was surprised to see him out of bed. But, she felt a twinge of worry when she saw him staring out his window longingly while shining his hook.

"It's about Y/N," She started, jumping slightly at the speed the pirate whipped around to stare at her. "What happened? Is she okay? She didn't get hurt did she?" He rapidly questioned. Uma shook her head. Harry relaxed and turned back to stare out of the window, "Thank goodness."Amazing how she just told him she hated him yet he's still worried over her.

"No, Harry. It's about her breaking up with you... She only broke up with you because Gil told her you were cheating on her." Harry turned around, fixing her with a steely gaze. "What?"

"Back on the Isle, on the day Y/N broke up with you... Gil heard us talking about the bruises your dad gave you and... he thought we were sneaking around so he told Y/N you were cheating on her and that's why she broke up with you," She rushed out, noticing the way her first mate's shoulders tensed.She felt uneasy by the laugh her first mate let out.

"He's fishbait," He growled, shoving past her and out of the room.

Shit.

You and Harry were sitting together by the enchanted lake, taking in the view of the setting sun. It had been a month since you forgave him. He finally convinced you to give him another chance. When you surprisingly agreed, he spent every moment trying to make it up to you.

"Y/N, there's a reason I wanted to bring ye here, today," Harry started, turning to face you. You raised an eyebrow, "What is it, Harry?"

The pirate slowly pulled a small, velvet ring box out of his pocket. "Well..." He mumbled, opening the box to reveal a beautiful ring. "Harry..."You whispered in shock, heart nearly beating out of your chest.

"I want you to help me propose to Uma."

You shot up in bed, rubbing your eyes. "What the hell?" You mumbled to yourself, looking out to see the sun hanging low in the sky. "Good morning, Y/N. I'm surprised to see you awake before noon," Lonnie stated, looking at you in the mirror.

"It's too early for you to be teasing me, Lonnie," You mumbled. Lonnie laughed in reply. "Got that right. It's eight in the morning," She replied before giving you a smile. "But, I'm glad you seem to be doing better. I didn't wake up to you crying and holding that tattered red jacket for once."

Your face flushed red, "Never speak of that again."

"Oh, I wouldn't dream of it," She retorted sarcastically. Giving you another smile, as she walked over to your bed. "Come on. You're going to get breakfast with me. And after that, we're going to the Tourney game together. Whether you want to or not."

Uma shoved Harry down on his bed as they returned from the tourney match, staring at him with an intense look in her eyes. "Really, Harry? Are you fucking kidding me?" Harry rolled his eyes, "I can do what I want, Captain."

"You can't just go around fighting people!"

"He asked for it," Harry grumbled.

"All he did was wink at Y/N and ask you if she was single."

"Exactly."

A knock on the door sounded, pulling Harry and Uma away from their bickering. "Gil if that's you, you better have brought me the first aid kit like I asked- Y/N?"

Harry shot to his feet, peering around his Captain's body to look out the door. He thought surely he had heard wrong, until he saw you standing there himself. "Uh, Gil sent me here to patch up Mr. MMA fighter."

"Oh. Oh! Yeah, come on in," Uma replied, ushering you into the room. "I'm gonna go find Gil." You raised an eyebrow at how quickly the witch left the room, before turning to Harry. You almost found it endearing at the way he kept his eyes to the ground, cradling his injured hand. Almost. If it didn't break your heart at the same time. "Sit down."

You sat beside him on the bed, opening up the first aid kit. "You shouldn't have done that," You mumbled, setting to work on cleaning the scrapes on his arms. "Not now, Y/N. I'm not in the mood."

You shook your head, "You're going to get yourself sent back to the Isle at this rate." Harry scoffed, shaking his head. "Don't get me hopes up, Lass."

"You really hate Auradon that much, huh?" You asked, trying your best to keep your voice level. No matter how much he hurt you, it still pained you to see him so unhappy. "I don't fit in here. I'm a villain. It's what I do, what I'm good at. The only thing I'm good at."

"Now that's a lie. You're better at more things than you give yourself credit for."

"Oh yeah? Like what?" He scoffed as you set to cleaning his bloody knuckles.

"Well, you're the one that taught me how to fight with swords. And I haven't lost one yet." You glanced up in time to see the corners of the pirate's lips turn up into a smile. "Ye're just sayin' that."

"It's the truth. You taught me how to steer a ship, fish, navigate by the currents and wind direction. You even taught me to dance, remember?"

Harry smiled, reminiscing the night you were keeping him company while he patrolled the ship. How the two of you got bored, so he decided to teach you to dance the waltz like his mother once taught him. You kissed him for the first time that night.

"Two hundred bottles of rum on the wall, two hundred bottles of rum, take one down, chug it all down, ninety-nine bottles of rum on the wall!" Harry sang as he walked around on the ship. "Actually, that'd be one hundred and ninety-nine, love," A voice called out from behind him.

Harry whipped around quickly, just now seeing where you stood, leaning against the ship's railing. "Look what the catfish brought in," He teased, sauntering over to you. "I must thank the catfish for bringin' me such a jewel."

"As slimy as ever, I see," You teased back as the pirate met your smile with one of his own. "Always, lass. Always."

It took maybe twenty minutes before you got bored. And then three more minutes before Harry was ready to go overboard to get away from your endless complaining. "You know what, Lass? I'm gonna teach ye how to dance."

"You know how to dance?" You asked, raising an eyebrow at the pirate. "Me mum taught me. And now I'm gonna teach ye."

It took a while, but you finally got the hang of the dance, following Harry's lead as you waltzed and twirled around on the deck of Uma's ship. "Ye look beautiful, lass," Harry whispered as you slowly came to a stop. "You're just saying that," You chuckled, face heating up in the light of the ship's torches.

"No, Y/N. I mean it. Ye're the most beautiful lass I've ever had the pleasure of layin' my eyes on. And I hope I get to do so until the end of time," He whispered, eyes never leaving yours. "Harry," You whispered, surprised to hear such sweet words coming from the lips of the pirate.

"Be mine, lass. Please. I may not be able to give ye the world like ye deserve, but I can make ye my world."

You smiled, leaning up to catch his lips in a kiss.

"Ye looked beautiful that night."

"Don't go back to the Isle, Harry. You could do so much more here. Maybe if you talked to Fairy Godmother, you could get your father's ship back."

Harry instantly sat up straighter, "Really? Do ye think so?"

"I do. Besides, don't pretend you don't enjoy being on the tourney team and fencing. You're a natural, probably the best on the team." Harry smiled, before it fell again.

"Y/N, we need to talk..."