on my own - part seven

written by : dj-sparkle-dust

"Harry, why do you carry that hook around?" You asked, looking up at the pirate from the dock as he mopped the deck of the ship. Harry shrugged, "it was me dad's. I always thought he'd give it to me older sister, Harriet. But he gave it to me instead. It made me feel like maybe the old man actually cared." He paused, a slight blush covering his cheeks as he glanced up to you quickly before turning back to his mopping. "That sounded corny, eh?"

You smiled, "I think it sounded nice."

"Now I have a question for ye, Lass," The pirate hummed, glancing up at you with a small smile. "Have ye ever been in love?" He asked, placing his hands on top of the mop handle and resting his chin on them. You chuckled, shaking your head. "No I have not." You replied, receiving a cheeky grin in return.

"Well I guess there's a first time for everythin'."

"Right you are, Hook."

"Okay, Lass, ye've had yer fun. Time to give me back me hook," The pirate gritted through clenched teeth, hand outstretched. You snickered, stepping back. "I don't think I've had enough fun just yet."

Harry growled, lunging out to you. You laughed, running away from the angry pirate. He should have known better than to let you "borrow" his most prized possession. You barely outran him in time to climb up to the crow's nest. "I don't care if ye're goin' up there! I'll still catch ye!" Harry shouted, following up after you.

You laughed when the pirate cornered you. "Hiya!" Harry rolled his eyes, reaching for the hook, which you held out behind you. "Nah ah ah," You tsked. "Not until you say it back."

"I'm not saying it back."

"Harry."

The pirate sighed, clenching his jaw before looking at you. "Hiya." He muttered blandly. You sighed, "No. Like you mean it, Harold." You scolded, poking him in the stomach. You grinned slightly at the giggle he let out in response to being poked in one of his most ticklish spots. "Okay okay okay," He laughed before looking to you with a small smile.

"Hiya!" He repeated, voice higher than normal. You gave him a fond smile, pressing your lips to his for a brief kiss. You pulled away as he took his hook, gripping it tightly in his left hand. "Good pirate," You cooed, arm slipping around his neck in order to pull him down to your height and pinch his cheek.

"Right you are, Lass. I am a grand pirate. But, ye want to know a secret?" He asked, voice dropping to a whisper. You nodded eagerly, you loved being told secrets.

"I'm an even better boyfriend."

"Harry you look seasick," Uma sighed, sitting beside the mopey pirate at the picnic table. "So?" Came the reply, muffled by the fact he had his arms crossed on the table and his chin on his arms so he could barely move his mouth.

"Well, we're not on a boat, and besides you've lived on a boat your entire life you never get seasick," She reasoned. "Here. Eat."

Harry grunted in reply as a tray of food was shoved at him. "I'm not hungry."

"Well then what are you gonna do for the next half hour?" Uma questioned, rolling her eyes at her stubborn friend.

Harry buried his face in his arms. "Remember," He whispered before closing his eyes.

Uma shook her head, leaving her friend to stomp over to where Mal, Evie, Carlos, and Jay sat. "What did that wench do to Harry?"

"What's it to you, Shrimpy?" Mal asked, smirking slightly.