nightmares

written by : daughterofgaston

Request: Harry hook x male reader nightmare fluff??

Warnings: Nightmare, mentions of drowning, fluff

In a word, it was terrible. You were walking down the streets of the Isle, the rocks making noise under the weight of your feet. It was eerily quiet, you had no idea what was going on. The Isle usually had something going on at all times. The streets were never completely empty.

Suddenly, you stood at the docks, you were unsure how you got there. But you were heading towards one of the piers, you didn't know why but you did. Once you reached the edge of the pier, you glanced into the murky water and gasped when you saw your boyfriend Harry in the water, under the water and struggling to reach for air.

"Harry!" You attempted to cry out for him, but you found yourself unable to speak. You turn around to try to run to get help, but there in front of you stood your [mother/father], a wicked evil grin plastered on their face before pushing you into the icy cold water. It felt like weights were tied to your ankles, pulling you deeper and deeper below when suddenly-

You sat up in the cold darkness, screaming at the top of your lungs which caused Harry to scream in response and roll out of bed. "What the fuck?!" Harry shouted once he hit the floor, laying there for a moment before sitting up and looking over at you, his demeanor changing when he noticed that you were frightened. "What is it?" He asked, standing up and going over to the bed, sitting down and rubbing your back. "Did ye have another nightmare?" He asked, knowing you were prone to them.

You nodded, frowning and looking at Harry, his hair was disheveled and in his eyes, although just barely you were able to see the look of concern he held for you. "Do ye want ta talk about it?" He asked, knowing that there were times you wanted to talk about it, but other times not so much.

You shook your head no, your short messy hair hitting you in the face slightly, and Harry nodded and wrapped his arms around you as best as he could, you were bigger than him so it was odd whenever he tried to comfort you. "Come on, let's lay back down." He said gently, helping you lay down and laying his head on your chest, and you wrapped an arm around Harry's waist. "Ye don't have to sleep." He assured you when you tensed, rubbing your chest lightly and looking up at you.

"[Y/N], remember what I promised ye when we began to date officially?" He asked, and you thought back to that day a few months ago.

"You promised that you wouldn't let anything hurt me." You said quietly, remembering that day extremely well because it was one of the few good things that had happened in your life, and Harry nodded when you remembered.

"That's right, and I promise that still...[Y/N], as long as I'm breathin', nothing will ever hurt ye." Harry promised, sitting up and leaning down to gently kiss your lips, pressing his forehead to yours. "Ye try to sleep...I'll stay awake for now." He told you, wanting you to get some more rest, hopefully, more peaceful. You nodded apprehensively, but closed your eyes and quickly returned to sleep.

This time, the nightmares didn't return.