on my own - part nine

written by : dj-sparkle-dust

"You swore you'd never hurt me."

"You swore you'd never leave me On My Own."

"Y/N, we need to talk..."

You raised an eyebrow, pausing from cleaning his hand to glance up at the pirate, "Isn't that what we're doing?"

"Ye know what I mean, Lass," He sighed. He really wanted to just forget everything that had happened in the past, to never talk about your breakup ever again. But, it was crucial to Uma's plan that he did. After finding out the events that led you to think he was cheating, Uma quickly figured out a way to work them into her plan. "We need to talk about what happened the day ye broke up with me."

You cleared your throat, dropping your attention back to cleaning his busted hand. "I don't see why we would need to discuss that."

"I never cheated on ye. I swear it on me hook."

You sighed, "Harry, Gil told me everything he heard, there's no reason to-"

"Gil heard something out of context and misunderstood the situation," Harry interrupted desperately. "Just let me explain what really happened. No interruptin', no yellin'. Just listen."

You sighed, tightening the bandage around his hand. "Fine. I'll listen."

"No interruptin' and no yelling?" He asked, raising his eyebrows.

"No interrupting and no yelling," You confirmed, nodding your head slightly. Harry grinned slightly before it turned into a somber look.

"Well...Ye remember me dear old dad? Well, the night before I had went to see him, jus' to make sure he wasn't dead yet. An' by the time I got out me whole back was bruised. What Gil overheard wasn't me an' the Cap'n having some typa affair. She saw the bruises an' was grillin' me to tell ye. I was beggin' 'er not to cause I knew ye'd go ballistic. Ye always did act without thinkin' back on the Isle," Harry paused with a small smile, seeming to reminisce before continuing with his story. You could feel your blood heating up. "I was gonna tell ye, I swear it. I just had to find a way to do it... But, when I went to see ye that night...Well ye know what happened from there..."

You both sat in silence for a few moments before he pulled his eyes up from the ground to meet your own. "I would never cheat on ye, Princess. The Cap'n and I might be close, but ye'll always hold my heart in yer hands," He whispered, pulling your hands into his own. You stared into nowhere, seeming to be having an internal battle with yourself. You were used to the thought of Captain Hook (you refused to call him Harry's father) making your blood boil. But, this was a whole new level.

"Say something, Lass. Please," Harry begged, giving your hands a squeeze.

"Harry..." You started, trying to keep your voice level. Harry gulped, scared your anger was going to be directed towards him for not telling you about the bruises.

"Yes, Kitten?"

"If I ever see your father again, I'm going to make him wish Tick Tock had killed him," You growled out, obviously seething. Harry's lips twitched up into a smile, "And I won't stop ye...If ye'll take me back to be yer devoted, devastatingly handsome pirate boyfriend again."

Your shoulders relaxed at the pirate's attempt at humor. Your lips lifted into a smile, gaze shifting to meet his. "I would but...You kinda smell like fish."

Harry laughed, pulling you closer by your hands until your face was in his chest. "That's the stench of Gil, Lass. Permeates through the room y'know." You laughed, hugging the pirate tight.