It

BORED .....

IMPATIENT .....

HUNGRY ........

      These were the thoughts going through it's head, as it roamed the limited confines of its prison. It had been here for so very long, with nothing to entertain it.

      It still cursed itself for allowing this to happen. It was so much more powerful than these puny beings that provided it with entertainment, and nourishment. How had one of them managed to trap it in this place? How long had it been trapped here, as the weaklings reckoned time? How long since anyone had come here? Even the animals avoided this place.

      In some ways, it thought, the animals were so much more intelligent than humans. They trusted their instincts, instead of acting upon "logic". They knew that injury from broken glass, or a weak floor, or sickness from a rusted nail, were not necessarily the only dangers inherent in old , abandoned places such as this one. They felt its power, and they stayed away. It could not leave this place, could not hunt, but if they entered, they would be vulnerable.

      It raged at its own impotence. It was trapped here unless someone came, and provided it with a means of escape. It still had a limited awareness of the surrounding area, and it knew that more humans were nearby, yet still no one came. Its power was limited by the containment, it could not use its power to lure them, could not call on other creatures for aid.

      It could only wait, and hope that someone would come. The sooner the better, for it was so bored. And so .... very ..... HUNGRY!