Sweet Taste Of Terror

The four men found themselves in a cold , dark space , where they were unceremoniously dropped onto a hard floor , still immobilized . The large floating creature hovered above them , watching them incuriously with the multiple eyeballs dotting its body and tentacles , while the other demon busied itself out of their line of sight .

      After a few minutes , they found that they were once again able to move , and Jon turned his head to peer through the darkness , just barely able to distinguish Ashley on his left . "I see you , Ash , who else is here ?"

      "Me ." , Jesse whispered .

      Jake Wells attempted to sit up , and responded , "I'm here ."

      "What do you think is going on ?" Jon inquired .

      Ashley propped himself up on his elbows , and scanned the area . "Much as I hate to say it , my best guess is that it got tired of waiting for delivery , and decided to pick up some carryout . Looks like we're being prepped for the buffet , guys , so we need to make sure we keep our heads until the others come after us ."

      "It's going to be dark soon , do you really think they can do anything tonight ?" , Jesse inquired .

      "I don't think they have a choice ." , Jake replied . "If they don't , at least one of us is as good as dead , and they know it . And I know Alex , she'd come out by herself if she had to . So yeah , they'll be here ."

      "Of course they will come . I count on it ." , a hoarse , guttural voice said , from the far corner of the cold , damp space . "But this time , I am ready for them , and I will be the victor ."

      "Keep telling yourself that , asshole ." , Ashley shot back .

      Moving with frightening speed , the demon was almost instantly standing over him , reaching out to grab a fistful of his hair . He was shocked at how strong the gangly , emaciated -looking thing was , and the others sat frozen , thinking that they were about to watch the demon kill their friend .

      Instead , it merely stared at him for several seconds , then released him , emitting a rusty - sounding laugh . "You show spirit , human , and  I can respect that . In fact , I prefer it . You have just made my decision for me ."

      They looked at each other in confusion , unsure of the creature's meaning . It noted their bewilderment and laughed again . "So , the wizard's bitch didn't tell you how they trapped me , and injured this form , by offering me her mind ? I have worn your form once , human , and soon I will do so again . But only until you eventually wear mine , as this one did . This one has become aged , and will soon weaken , so I must divest . And you will have the honor of carrying me with you ."

      A look of revulsion crossed Ashley's face , and everyone else showed expressions of shock and horror . "No way am I gonna let that happen ! No . Fucking . Way ."

      The demon cackled yet again . "It amuses me that you think the choice is yours . This one chose , because he was weak , and could not gain his vengeance without my help , but I would have had him regardless . As I will you . And perhaps I will keep your consciousness aware , as I use your form to feed on your companions , and allow you to experience the sweet taste of their terror . But now , I must prepare ."

      The demon turned , and rapped out several incomprehensible syllables to the airborne monstrosity , and then moved into the deeper darkness on the far side of the room , and resumed its previous activities .

      "What the fuck did it mean , it's 'worn your form' , anyway ?" , Jon inquired .

      "How the hell should ...?" , Ashley began , trailing off as the realization struck him . "Oh , that fucking sonofabitch !"

      "What ?" , Jesse prompted him .

      "Motherfucker made itself look like me to try to get to Faith . That's the only thing it could mean . There'd be no reason to look like me to go after that hunter , or Mr . Logan , I didn't know either of them ."

      "Okay , guys , we need to stay alert ." , Jake whispered to the others , unsure of how much their monstrous guard could understand . "If anyone sees any sign that we might have a chance to break for it , speak up immediately , but if not , then be on guard until Crane and the others show up . Y'all get me ?"

      They all nodded , as they cautiously moved themselves against the walls , seeking the best vantage points to see their captors , and watch for any opportunity to escape . Ashley , still trying to process the demon's plans for him , was able to find only one positive thought in the jumble of information . "If I manage to get out of this ," , he thought , "at least maybe there's actually a possibility that I might have a chance with Faith . But first , I have to figure out how to stay alive until they show up to get rid of these things ."

      He settled against the wall , next to Jesse , with Jon and Jake seated across from them , and they all waited , hoping against hope for a chance to escape , before the demon completed whatever "preparations" it was making for them .