4.6

CHAPTER SIX

Story Time, Ana

- - - - -

"Thor?"

Ana looked down at the stirring God of Thunder, worry in her eyes when he would groan softly. She did her best to heal the forming bruises and scratches along his body, and ended up apply ice to his swollen jaw when Hulk wouldn't let her concentrate. His eyes opened slowly, and he blinked a few times to adjust to the lighting in the room, inhaling sharply. He recognised the woman looming over him, and breathed out slowly. He took quite a few hits from their mutual teammate, and suffered from a concussion when Hulk dropped a fist on his face at the end of the match.

"Ana... where am I?" Thor questioned, his voice croaky.

Ana slid a hand underneath his back and helped him up into a sitting position. She let him see for himself where they were, and she gestured at Hulk in the jacuzzi with her head, an annoyed glint in her eyes. "The big guy has his own suite. And a hot tub."

Thor winced, lifting a hand to his aching head. Ana saw and excused herself to bring him a cup of water from the shelves of drinks. On her way back to him, she picked up his vest from the floor, and handed both items to him.

"Here. Drink this, you'll feel better." Ana eased the cup in his hands, and shot him a gentle smile.

Thor gulped the entire contents down, and with Ana's aid, got to his feet. His eyes fluttered, and he swayed on his feet. He didn't have to worry about falling because Ana was right there to catch him. He pulled on his vest and exhaled heavily, shooting Hulk a look.

"Are we cool?" He asked

Hulk grunted in response, as if to say whatever. Thor couldn't help himself as he said, "It's Hulk in a hot tub." Ana smiled at that and leaned back onto the window sill. "How long have you been like that?" Thor asked Hulk.

"Like what?" Came Hulk's reply.

"Like this." Thor waved his hand around. "Big, green... stupid."

Hulk revealed himself from the shadowy corner, and stepped forward in the jacuzzi. "Hulk always Hulk."

Ana crossed her arms as Thor joined her at the window. "Bruce always used to say he had some control over this part of himself, but looking at him now... he's probably lost inside of Hulk somewhere. Really, really lost." She said lowly, loud enough for only Thor to hear. He nodded along, taking in the information. They both noted how relaxed Hulk was, but there was no sign he was going to transform back to Bruce. At least not yet.

"How'd you get here?" Thor asked Hulk.

"Winning."

"You mean cheating." Thor remarked, lowering the collar of his vest to show off the obedience disk. "Were they wearing one of these when you won? How'd you arrive here?"