4.1

CHAPTER ONE

Greetings, Old Friend

- - - - -

SANCTUARY-2

The warship was on high alert. The crew were forced to repair all the damage the Warrior had left behind before her demise by the hands of the Enchantress. While shattered glass was being brushed up, and metal being melded together, the Black Order were summoned to their father's throne room. Proxima lead her siblings into the dark room, lance pointed at the ground. She wouldn't want Thanos to believe she let Ana's death happen. After all, she had cast aside her deadly weapon to challenge the demigod to a hand to hand duel. They were told not to overestimate the Warrior. That she didn't have experience in fighting the galaxies most notorious soldiers. But now, Proxima thought, they wouldn't know what she was capable of.

The door automatically locked shut behind them. The gas in the pipes above them hissed, causing a bead of sweat to line Corvus' forehead. Black Dwarf glanced at his smaller brothers and sister in front of him, feeling quite shameful. He didn't appreciate Ana's dirty move she pulled to get out of his grip. He knew he would be punished for not finishing her off then and there. Corvus thought himself a fool to believe he had been chasing an illusion. He was particularly frustrated by the Enchantress, and her sorcery that ended all they worked for.

Ebony Maw, on the other hand, was composed. He had looked into Ana's mind, pulled back the curtain on some very vital information. He knew some of what she knew. He knew most of what she didn't. He was pleased with himself and his efforts.

"What do you have to say for yourselves?"

Thanos spun around in his seat, turning away from the starry view behind the large window in the wall. There was red and blue blood on his hands and face. The blood of the intruders trying to get to his prisoner. He had dealt with them slowly. Two of his Outriders emerged from the corners of the room, chittering at them, reflecting the same rage their master felt.

Corvus stepped forward, taking it upon himself to speak for the Order. He placed his spear on the ground, and kneeled. "During interrogation, she revealed her knowledge of the Stones. She stressed that she wouldn't talk unless all four of us were present. And once I left to collect my siblings, well... that was when it began." He explained, looking back to his wife, who nodded.

"We rallied against her." Proxima continued. "Unaware there was another on the ship. Amora, the Enchantress. She lead Maw and Glaive down to the surface while the Warrior drew Dwarf and I. She must've thought Amora was on her side before she was stabbed in the back."

"The Sentinel's daughter is dead?"

Proxima acted fast, and pulled Corvus to his feet, and behind her when Thanos stood. The Mad Titan represented his name as he launched a large axe at an Outrider, that squealed when it couldn't flee in time. His bellows shook the ship, and the Black Order stayed stoic, afraid if any movement would set his eyes in their direction.

"She was mine to destroy!" Thanos roared. "She was mine to shatter! After all the Sentinel took from me... how could you lose her?"

Proxima swallowed thickly, meeting his cold eyes,

"She was taken, father."