5.1

CHAPTER ONE

Wakanda Welcome

- - - - -

ATLANTIC OCEAN

The atmosphere cracked with bolts of lightning as the wind picked up, carrying the waves of the ocean to dangerous heights. The weather was loud, strong, and brutal. It concerned the population of many islands located throughout the Atlantic. Namor, the King of Atlantis, had taken a handful of his guards from the palace to patrol the seas for any unwanted human accidents. He hated it when ships ignored weather warnings because that meant he would have to clean up after them. The seabed was littered with shipwrecks, and that alone invited creatures looking for trouble.

Namor stopped suddenly when a bolt of lightning hit the water above him. It was so bright, he had to lift his arm in the water to shield his eyes. He ordered his guards to branch out in different directions and start searching for messes that needed cleaning. It was dark out, so if there were humans around, they wouldn't see him. Namor swam to the surface, tilting his head up to the skies to observe the harsh conditions. The water surrounding him was freezing, but his body was unlike humans. He wasn't at all bothered by the low temperature. He was used to it.

His hearing picked up the distant boom in the atmosphere. At first, he waved it off as another thunder strike. Then, he saw it. Saw her. The woman had quite literally fell from the sky. She must have been unconscious or dead because of the way her speed picked up. She was heading towards the water at a dangerous pace. Namor wasn't sure if he should interfere. Interfering would mean exposing himself to the person. He had kept his kingdom concealed from the human world for years, and he would like it to stay that way. He ducked his head under the surface and used his sonar ability to search for any freighters or ships nearby. He came up short in the end, and closed his eyes briefly, mulling over his next move.

"Just this once..."

Namor raised above the surface of the ocean, and calculated his first step. As soon as the woman hit the water, her bones would become like glass, shattering into a million pieces. He dove deep into the Atlantic, getting some distance between him and his catch of the day. Once ready, he bolted to the surface, and flew into the air. The forceful wind wouldn't allow the unconscious woman to fall into his arms, and she was pushed further away from him. Namor grumbled and switched his path, increasing his speed, allowing him to get a better look at the mysterious woman.

"I know you." He said to himself, before latching onto her, and stopping mid flight.

Ana laid limp in his arms, unresponsive to his shakes and calls. Not even the booming thunder could get her to wake up. But she was breathing. Namor looked her over for any injuries, though it wasn't easy from the suit she wore along with the cape that had circled around her body. Namor thought back to the day they met, and recalled how she had asked him for the way to Wakanda. She must have had friends there, and since it wouldn't be wise to bring a human into his kingdom, he thought it would be best if he took her to the kingdom that she was familiar with.

To the Black Panther, and King of Wakanda, T'Challa.

WAKANDA

"Namor?"

T'Challa motioned for the warriors of the Dora Milaje to stand down as he emerged from their protective circle. Okoye complied without question and grunted, signalling for her soldiers to exit their defensive stances and lower their spears. Her eyes were intently on Namor and T'Challa as the Kings stopped in front of one another. Wakanda and Atlantis were perfectly fine keeping to their own kingdoms. They had an understanding. If Namor showed up out of the blue in the middle of the night, it would be considered as surprise to all of them. And he didn't come alone.