3.1

CHAPTER ONE

The Black Order

- - - - -

Wakanda, a place with soul.

Despite a hidden threat growing deep in it's jungles, the country was a thriving beacon of advanced technologies and their people's pride was infectious. The kingdom was peaceful, as of now, and they went about their day, knowing their new King would protect them from any harm if it decides to come to light. T'Challa was learning. He was always a Prince in the people's eyes, and they knew he would have a difficult time in rising to the rank of a King. T'Chaka, the late King, was a commendable ruler, and they prayed his son would do him proud.

Wakandans weren't used to outsiders in their home, but they did recognise the woman T'Challa was approaching. She wasn't a threat. She bowed respectfully when T'Challa stopped at the end of the steps that lead to the laboratories, greeting him with a bright smile regardless the state she was in. The people were curious as to why she was dripping wet from head to toe.

But T'Challa only chuckled.

"What happened?" The King questioned.

"Long story short, I met Namor." Ana revealed, pursing her lips when she noticed some of the Wakandans staring. She blushed pink in embarrassment, and offered them a wave and smile as they passed by.

"I feel sorry for you." T'Challa grinned, watching as she wrung the water from her shirt. He opened his arm outwards in the direction of the labs, "Come, please."

They walked into the labs, side-by-side, and were greeted by the two post guards of the Dora Milaje. These labs contained many high-tech objects that were potentially dangerous in the wrong hands. And there was also that soldier in cryostasis. T'Challa requested a robe and they supplied one to Ana, and she thanked them, before continuing on with her trek with the King to a specific room.

"How do you know Namor?" Ana asked, aiming to get her mind off the rapid beating of her heart as they entered the room.

"His waters surround the continent, there was always bound to be an interaction between the two kingdoms at some point." T'Challa replied, "But we agreed to keep to our own kingdoms. It's worked out well so far."

Ana nodded along, digesting the information. She then dared to look straight ahead, to the middle of the lab. The chamber was still there, though she didn't expect for it to disappear, and the frost was hiding Bucky away from prying eyes. T'Challa, who was the first to move forward, picked up a clear tablet and started bringing up multiple arm designs. Ana looked over his shoulder at the screen, raising her eyebrows in awe.

"Oh, wow, they look amazing." Ana said, pointing at the sleeve of a design. "No Soviet star? I dig it."

T'Challa brought up the specifics and listed a few of them. "We aim to upgrade his previous prosthetic with genuine Vibranium, we've also added a few features he might find useful in combat. EMP emission, sensory array, electrical discharge... and interactive touch receptors — both mechano and thermo."

Ana looked at T'Challa, "So... he'll be able to sense touch with the prosthetic?" She questioned.

"Yes."

Ana ducked her head, looking at the screen again. Bucky's first arm didn't let him feel heat or texture, therefore no pain when a bullet or knife hit it. But with the interactive touch receptors, he could choose when to disable the feature when he wasn't alone with Ana. She also appreciated how the Soviet star wasn't anywhere to be seen. That would be considered as a trigger if it was still painted on his sleeve, and Bucky didn't need any reminding on the weapon he used to be.