12

Michaels POV

i look around at everyone's blank faces, which slowly change to expressions i pity. my eyes meet izzy's. she looks like she's about to say something but no words come out. she probably doesn't know what to say.

"alright everyone, parties over." ashton says, beckoning everyone to leave.

"let louis stay." i murmur, referring to louis tomlinson. he was my best man and one of my best friends, and easy and genuine guy. someone i needed right now.

the doctors said the baby died on the scene, which means she's had a dead baby for 3 months. i can't imagine how she feels, but no one can imagine how i feel.

i was ready to be a father. we'd sorted out the nursery and everything. i was having doubts before but after the accident i felt more ready than ever.

i needed to cry. i watched as everyone left before i would break down. i staggered forward a bit but instantly fell into a warm embrace.

she rubbed my back as i balled into her shoulder. "it's okay, let it out." she whispered to me. i felt another pair of arms around us both. i looked up
to see who it was. Louis half smiled at me, a "i'm so sorry" look.

soon, everyone who was around joined the hug. we all stood there, silent, as i cried into Izzy's shoulder.

everyone began to let go about a minute later but i held onto her.

i didn't want to let go.

Izzy's POV

eventually, michael let go and looked at me, his eyes blood shot and hair muffled.

"i want to visit luke." he said, sniffing.

"are..are you sure?" i stuttered. "are you sure it wouldn't be too much for you to ta-"

"i want to see him." he interrupted, wiping his cheek. i raised my eyebrows but nodded anyways. i was about to ask everyone else if they wanted to come but he put his finger to my mouth.

"just me and you."

~~~~

we got to the hospital 10 minutes later, i told everyone i was taking him home. we walked slowly up the stairs and through the long, dull coloured corridors. michael slipped his hand into mine, looking at me.

"thank you." he whispered as we approached the door.

"for what?" i asked, taking a deep breath.

"everything."

i already felt the tears coming when i saw luke. he was lifeless. an oxygen mask covered most of his face, with what seemed like a million tubes coming out from different places of his body.

he was breathing. his heart was beating. he just wasn't here.

michael squeezes my hand as he sits down slowly by luke's side.

"hey man," he begins, his voice breaking a bit. "this time last year we were partying in LA," michael laughs a bit. "you planned the whole thing, the party...the amazing food..." he sniffs. "where are you man? can you hear me?"

michael let's go off my hand and puts his head in his hands, crying again. i rub his back, trying my best to comfort him.

a nurse comes in and smiles at me. i smile back. "any news?"

"afraid not, dear." the nurse frowns. "he hasn't got any worse."

i nod, looking back at luke.

"i think i'm going to stay here the night." michael says, lifting his head up.

"are you sure?" i ask, concerned.

"yes. you go, get some rest. thanks again for planning the whole party, sorry i ruined it."

"you didn't ruin it," i touch his cheek gently, turning him to face me. i look around at the clock. "hey, there's still 10 minutes of your birthday, how about a birthday packet of crisps from the vending machine?" i smile. michael chuckles a bit.

"that sounds amazing." he grins.

i smile sweetly and stand up, heading out of the room. i debate whether to check on alice. i can't imagine what's she's going through.

i get closer to her room. she broke both her legs and arm, they say she had internal bleeding. the doctors want to keep her in until she can walk again, which could be another 2 weeks.

i peep into her room.

it baffles me how without makeup on, she still looks flawless.

she was sitting up in her bed, staring at the wall. she had dark circles under her eyes.

i decided to go in.

Alice's POV

i heard the door open slowly and looked over.

Izzy.

i didn't want to talk to her.

if it wasn't for her, none of this shit would be happening. there would be no other life, i wouldn't have been with Luke that morning and i would still have my baby.

i can barely look at michael the same way now that i remember what happened. it's all Izzy's fault.

why didn't she get hit by a car?

"um...hi," she began. i looked her up and down. she rubbed her lips together.

"i just wanted to say...i'm so sorry." she kind of half smiled, a look of pity all over her face.

i just nodded. i had nothing to say.

~~~~~

hiya

soz for slow updates lols & soz if it's confusing with all the different pov's

anyways ty for reading :)

love u x