14

bold is flashback

my stomach hurt from laughing so much.

michael had his arm around me as we watched some netflix. we told each other funny stories, we played Wii, i smashed him at Call Of Duty.

this is the happiest i'd felt for a while.

"err...can i like..open up to you about something?" michael asks me. i grin.

"of course. always."

"okay..." he began, taking a deep breath.

"i think alice is going crazy."

i looked at him, narrowing my eyes. "well, i mean, she did just lose her ba-"

"i know that." he interrupted. "and it's normal for women to be like that after something as traumatic as that happened. but this is like...scary crazy." he shivered.

"how do you mean?" i asked.

"well...she's seeing things. things that aren't there." he looked down at his hands, fiddling with the loose thread on his stop.

"what is she seeing?"

"Me. Her deceased mother..." -he takes a breath- "the strange this is...she sees calum the most."

"calum?" i question.

"i know right? and whenever she "sees" him, she seems so terrified."

and then all the pieces of the puzzle came together.

he was sad on the party night, he hasn't been himself ever since the accident, i've barley seen him. he tried to speak to me at the party...he was going to tell me something.

oh my god.

Calum was driving the car.

the car that could've killed Luke Hemmings.

~~~~~~

i blinked a bit, snapping back into reality.

"hmm...i wonder why." i said blankly. i couldn't tell michael i thought it was calum. he'd either judge me for making such an irrational accusation, or he'd go and kill calum himself.

he shrugged. "i need to get her help."

"and psychiatrist?" i asked.

"i guess." he said. i slid my hand into his.

"you'll get through this. both of you." i smiled. he smiled at me.

"to be honest, i'm so glad i met you. i need someone like you right now."

i just smiled at him.

"i..i feel like i've known you my whole life," he says suddenly.

"but i have no idea who you are."

he placed his hand to my cheek and stroked my face gently. it felt so good.

we looked into each other's eyes, he gave me this look.

the same look from the very first time i saw him.

the concert night.

then Luke started talking about how much he loves London and I was just looking up at him smiling. I looked at the other 3 one by one. Calum was looking up at the upper tier smiling. Ashton was looking down at his feet, sweat dripping from his forehead. then my eyes wondered over to Michael. I found him staring at me. not in like "ew she's a weirdo" stare it was different. I found myself now staring at him, unable to look away. his eyes were beautiful, they were green and almost sparkled. I slightly grinned, unable to hold it in. the feelings I was going through were amazing. was this it? was this the look? was this who I'm going to apparently be with forever?

i couldn't stop looking at him. we both slowly started to lean in.

oh god, this so so wrong. he's married. i shouldn't do this.

but i wanted it to bad.

our lips finally touched and he kissed me, bringing me closer by wrapping his arms around me. our kiss deepened but i had to break away. i pressed my forehead against his.

"michael." i breathed. he smiled as i said his name. "you're married, we can't do this."

he kissed me again. "but i want to." he said, looking at me.

izzy, do the right thing.

don't get with a married man.

don't ruin a marriage.

don't mess up his or your life.

don't do it.

...

i kissed him.

and nothing had ever felt more right.

he pushed me down on my couch and he was and kissed me deeply. he planted small kisses on my neck and i let out a small moan.

what happened next is a story for another book.

~~~~~~

he had his arm around me, as we sat in silence on my sofa.

"what have we done." i sigh.

he chuckles a bit. "what have we done." he smirks. i shake my head, nudging him a bit.

"you know what i want to do." michael said.

"what?" i asked.

"go to luke's house. pick up some things to put in the hospital."

i nod. "sounds good."

~~~~~~

michael drives us to Lukes apartment. i look around as he unlocks the door.

luke's apartment was just as i had imagined. big band posters covered his walls, he had various beanies hung on the coat hooks. i smiled.

good old luke.

suddenly, the phone started ringing. we both jumped and looked round.

"should i answer it?" michael asked.

i shrugged. he decided to pick up the phone anyway.

but god, i wish he hadn't.

he put it on speaker.

"hello?"

"hi, is this Mr Hemmings?" a woman's voice asked.

"no, can i take a message?" michael asked.

"tell him we did a DNA test on Alice McDaniel's baby

and he was the father of the child."

~~~~~~~

lol. bombshell.

thanks for readingggggg

love ya x