16

izzy's pov

i picked at the hem of my long black button up jacket. my coffee was probably stone cold by now, i hadn't touched it since the moment it was placed on the table.

"izzy, you aren't listening." i look up from my day dream. kacey started at me, worry in her eyes. "what's going on?"

i sighed and took a deep breath, before telling her exactly everything that happened the day before. "...so i got to the hospital and he's standing there in Luke's room in complete tears. i ran over and held him for a while, until he took off quickly. i didn't have the strength to follow him...and apparently he didn't go home. the boys haven't seen him."

kacey stares at me blankly. "izzy...you slept with a married man..."

"stop judging me!! i know it's bad!" i groan, slumping back in my chair.

"i feel something towards michael but i have no clue what it is."

"maybe you and him just clicked when you met?"

"no, it's not even that...it's like i've known him for so long..." i trailed off, realising how weird i sounded. "the point is, he hasn't come home and i'm worried about him."

"well, let's round everyone up to look for him.

let's think, if i was michael clifford, where would i go?"

~~~~

"to be honest...he does this sometimes." Ashton shrugged. "like sometimes he just wants space..."

"this is different. you should've seen the look on his face yesterday." i sighed.

i walked side by side with Ashton in front of Calum, Kacey and Beth. we were outside his home with alice, he stopped living there after the accident. Ashton walked up to the door of the pretty big house. he paused until he went to knock on the door, but as he did the door creaked open. he looked back at me, frowning.

we all went up behind Ashton, cautious to enter. the doorway was long and thin, with various pictures on the walls of Michael and Alice. we stepped into the living room, a morden styled place with large surface and a glass staircase in the middle. damn they were so extra.

we all looked around in silence. it was like a horror movie, we hadn't turned the lights on so the room was dim, we were scared the ghost of michael clifford would jump out at us at any second. i went to a large block of shelves, inspecting all the awards and photos that were placed on it. until something odd caught my eye.

a small picture had been wedges between 2 small awards toward the back of the shelves. i was too small to reach it so i called Ashton over to grab it.

"should we really be looking through their things?" he asked.

"i think it looks suspicious." i said, raising an eyebrow. Ashton grinned at me.

"i love it when you talk detective to me."

i playfully hit him, shaking my head. he reached up and slowly pulled out the tiny photo that looked old and faded. there were 2 faces on the photo but we couldn't make out who they were in the light.

i ushered kacey to turn the lights on as Beth began making her way upstairs. Kacey found the light switch and flicked it on. the bright light made me squint and blink a few times, but i finally brought my eyes to focus on the picture ashton was holding.

"holy shit!" Ashton yelled. i stared at the photo in disbelief.

it was a picture of the boys, all sitting on a sofa, but with me and kacey wedged in between them. we all looked so happy, in the photo michael had his arm around me.

"I don't remember that at all..." says Calum, grabbing the photo of Ashton.

"check the back, maybe there's a date." Kacey grabs the photo this time and flips it round.

"12th May 2016."

"that can't be possible..." I gasp.

suddenly, we here a rustling from upstairs.

"what was that?" Beth asks.

"let's go see." Ashton says. he makes his way over to the staircase, the rest of us stepping cautiously behind him. i looked around the living room as i walked up the staircase. it was such a huge house...almost too big for only 2 people.

there were so many rooms upstairs it was hard to tell where the rustling came from.

"okay," ashton whispered. "be dead silent, we'll wait for the noise to happen again."

we all waited patiently in silence. i looked at Kacey who took my hand and squeezed it reassuringly.

we here the rustling again, we can tell it's coming from somewhere right in front of us. i step towards a door which is very slightly open. i look around at everyone as if to say should i go in? and ashton ushers me a little bit.

i take a step closer to the door, taking a deep breath. i push it open slightly and the door begins to creek and open slowly by itself.

"oh my god..."

i rush over to his slumped body. "michael? michael!" i tap his face gently. his head moves slightly and his eyes flicker. i look around and see all the mess on the floor. everything used, everything empty.

"someone call an ambulance!" ashton yells.

"michael can you here me? michael!" i scream.

"izzy..." he breathes, coughing a bit. the tears stream down my face.

"you're such an idiot michael! you can't just do this to us! what were you thinking?!" i didn't mean to yell at him, i was just so mad and upset.

he grabs my arm and squeezes it, looking into my eyes.

"help me."

~~~~~~~

well hello :)

anyone still there? hello hi

yes i actually updated. honestly, i've finished my gcses and have so much free time, so perhaps my updates will become more regular...heh

i feel like every chapter is so dark wow i need to add some cheer

thank u for sticking around, you are all way more loyal then georgia xxx

also, see me again has 3k reads which is completely insane. tysm.

until we meet again my friends x

ps. there is probably plenty of typos, i haven't had an english lesson in a month please don't hiT ME