13

Italics is flashback

Izzy's POV

It's been a week since i threw the awful party for michael. every single day he's stayed by either Luke or Alice's side, he hasn't come home once. he's insisted on being alone, which we all respect, but i'm beginning to worry. a week with no contact from him, especially  in his mental state right now...

i decided i couldn't be bothered to walk down the stairs of my apartment building so i took the elevator. i stepped in and clicked the ground floor button, and waited for the doors to close. just as the doors were closing a person in a black hoodie walked in and stood in the corner.

it looked exactly like the guy from the cafe the other day. i was already freaking out, the doors were shut so there was no way out.

i gave the guy a quick glance. he had his head down, his hands in his pockets. i decided to speak up.

"what floor?" i asked. he slowly raised his head, but not enough for me to see his face.

suddenly, the whole lift started shaking and my whole body was flung to the other side of the elevator. i held onto the railing, panting. the light flickered off and the lift completely stopped.

here i was, stuck in an elevator, in pitch black, with a complete stranger who seems to be following me.

i stood still, breathing heavily. i felt a sharp pain in my arm, i must've bashed it when i fell over. i looked around to see if i could see the outline of the guy, but it was useless.

then he spoke.

and it seemed like every nerve ending and cell in my body froze.

i could recognise that voice from anywhere.

"long time no see, darling."

"j..j..joe?" i stuttered, stepping away from the direction of the voice. i could tell he had a huge smirk plastered on his face, even if i couldn't see him.

"you've been around, haven't you baby? dating a band member who's now on deaths door in hospital? suspicious."

"you really think i'd attempt to murder my boyfriend. thats rich coming from you." i hiss.

"oh contraire, my dear." i hear his foot steps move along the elevator, making me shiver. "i merely wanted you to be beautiful."

"beautiful?" i spat. "you ruined my life."

"hardly." he protested. "you seem like your doing fine."

i chuckle, sarcastically. "fine," i scoff. "i haven't felt fine for years."

suddenly i feel a cold hands on my sides. i immediately tried to break free but he now had pressure on me and i was too weak to get out.

"let go of me you prick!" i yelled at him.

"we could've been so great izzy," he moved his face closer to mine and was whispering in my ear.

"you'll always be mine."

suddenly a flash of light came through the door of the doors and i could hear them being plied open. this didn't seem to phase joe, he still had hold of me. i kicked and hit at him but nothing was happening. finally the doors fully opened and i turned round.

id never been happier to see a certain person in my life.

"Izzy?!" he said, grabbing me off of joe. "beat it!" he yelled at him. joe ran off, but i was only focused on him. he pulled me into a hug. i was breathing heavily, shaking. he gently stroked my hair, whispering in my ear.

"it's okay, i'm here."

I fell to the ground as I was in pain from my head and where he hit me. I felt blood trickle down my face. I lay on the floor weeping. the others rushed into the corridor and gasped at the sight they saw.

"Izzy!!" kacey screamed. "oh my god!"

kacey ran over to Ashton and screamed in his face. I didn't know what she was saying but the next thing I know I'm being lifted up of the ground. "it's all gonna be okay." Michael's voice whispered in my ear. "it's all gonna be okay."

I felt like I was going to fully pass out. did he even hit me that hard?

"I love you. it's all going to be fine." Michael said. "I love you."

"i love you." michael said. i blinked a bit, replaying the flashback i just had in my mind.

i looked at him, processing what he just said. "...what did you say.."

he stared at me, his eyes looked sad. he had eyes that had seen pain, i could tell.

mine were the same.

after a moment, we both looked away, and blinked a bit. and suddenly, i completely forgot what just happened. he did as well. we looked at each other, confused.

I'd literally just completely forgot what happened in the flashback. how does one just forget?

"are you okay?" michael asks, still holding me.

"i think so..." i stutter. i rubbed my head. "what about you...no one heard from you all week. i was getting worried."

"i'm...okay." he lied. "i had to get away from everything...it was getting to much. but i'm back...i'm ready for life to go back to how it was."

i smiled at him. "i'm glad to here that. now, i'm late for work."

"hey, i'm sure you could take the day off, don't you want to call the police about joe..." he suggested.

i shook my head. "the police can't erase the past. now i'm dealing with the consequences."

"izzy, it wasn't your fault." i told michael about joe a while ago.

i shrugged, but he didn't persist.

"i want to go to work, see my friends."

"or...you could spend the day watching netflix on your couch with me." he grins. i smile.

"hey...why not."

~~~~~~~

I APOLOGISE FOR MY INACTIVENESS RIGHT NOW IM SWAMPED WITH HOMEWORK AHHHH.

YOU GUYS TYSM FOR 200 OMG

lord this was dramatic. sozzle it was lowkey depressing. the next chapter will make u scream LOL

okay until we meet again young ones x