Friends?

Walking aimlessly, bored out of his mind, Harry ended up in front of Ursula's Fish and Chip Shop. He debated if he wanted to go inside because he wasn't hungry. He went in and shrugged, what's the worst that can happen? Uma starved him again? Keeping in mind that she actually would, he walked in.

He put his sword in the "sword check" bucket and sat at an empty table. He set his hook on the table and waited for Uma to notice him.

Uma watched as Harry walked into the store and sat at a table. She noticed he was alone this time and looked at him curiously. Realizing that either way she would have to go to him, she walked over and asked, "What do you want, Hook?"

Harry smirked, "Hook is my father, call me Harry."

She rolled her eyes and repeated, "What do you want, Hook?"

"You to call me, Harry," He teased.

Having enough of his crap, she turned to walk away when Harry said, "I'll take the fish and chips."

"Coming up," she walked away.

As Harry watched her leave, he thought about how he would get her to talk to him. He's never met someone who would talk back to him. Someone who would stand up to him. Everyone was too afraid of him, to even joke with him anymore. Then Uma came around and literally starved him until she got her way. And he likes that about a girl, about a friend. Someone to put him in his place.

Uma set the plate down in front of a zoned out Harry, "Hey!" She snapped in his face, "Your food." She pointed to it once he looked up at her. "Tip or else." She smirked and began to walk away.

"So, what's your deal, Princess?" He put a fry in his mouth, "I've only ever seen you in here and at school."

"Don't call me princess, and," Uma shrugged, "What's it matter to you?" She glared at a customer who looked like they were going to leave without tipping. The customer raised there hands in surrender and set three dollars on the table then left. "Better," she grumbled.

"It seems like you'd be the life of the party. The person who made people cower in the streets." He replied, hoping praise was the way to get her to talk to him.

"Oh I am. Only a select few are allowed to get within touching distance of me. And no one dares cross me," she turned to look at him and winked, "As you've learned recently."

"That's fair. But I've never heard of you til now, so how much you want to bet there are people out there who don't fear you?" He asked curiously.

"They know my name, Hook." She rolled her eyes, "and if they don't," she smiled evilly, "they will."

************************************************************************************************

Harry came in near closing the next day. He just couldn't get enough of the vibe Uma gave off. Before he opened the doors, he heard "AND STAY OUT!" as a guy stumbled out the door. He walked in and saw a fuming Uma.

"What happened?" He asked.

"He tried to touch my hair. And then he grabbed my arm and wouldn't let go." Uma raged. "If I see him again, he'll wish he was dead."

"I can arrange that for you," Harry said after he turned to chase after the guy. Before he could take another step he felt an arm on his hand.

"He got what he deserved. I handled it."

"Are you sure? Cause I'm in the mood to hook him. No one touches what's mine." He fumed.

Uma looked at him like he was crazy, "Yours?" She questioned and laughed, "I belong to no one."

Harry realized his mistake and corrected himself, "I meant to say, you're a friend now, and no one hurts my friends."

"So we're friends?" Uma shook her head, "I don't need friends." She huffed as she remembered the last time she called someone a "friend," she ended up with the shrimp smell she still can't get rid of and the name Shrimpy some still dare call her.

"You're right," Harry agreed, "You don't need friends." He walked closer to her, "But you have one, whether you like it or not." He smirked.

Before Uma could reply, Harry left. Uma groaned and shook her head. Great, she thought, now he's going to be around more. Yay.

Here's chapter two, this is actually a lot of fun to write. Thanks for reading!!
-TheOnly