After Effects

Two days have gone by and Uma still hadn't opened her eyes. Harry never left her side in fear that she would wake up when he was gone. Gil would bring food for Harry and keep him company every meal time but he couldn't stay long because he had to watch over the crew. Harry had barely eaten since Uma left, but he doesn't notice how hungry he is with the worry he has for her. The crew was able to come up and see Uma, but Harry only let Desiree stay longer than 20 minutes.

Harry had barely slept, the bags under his eyes became more and more noticeable as the days went by, but he didn't care. He just wanted his captain back. Gil came up to tell him that Ben was taking more and more people out of the Isle, but he barely blinked at that fact that they weren't among the list of the one's taken. He just held onto her hand and watched her sleep.

It wasn't until he decided closing his eyes for a few moments would be fine that he felt her hand twitch. His eyes flew open and he looked down at her hand to make sure he wasn't dreaming. When her hand didn't twitch again he looked up at her face. "Come on, Uma," he begged, "Fight this."

Uma's eyes fluttered, but closed again. The next time they fluttered they stayed open. Blinking she looked around her and saw that she was in her room. "What the...oof!" She said as she felt arms grip her and before she knew it she was being pressed tightly into a chest.

"Thank Satan you're awake, Uma!" Harry said. "Thank badness." He shook and held her even closer.

"Can't breathe," Uma choked out as she tried to push Harry away, but Harry wouldn't let her. She tried again but Harry held her even closer. She paused when she felt her neck getting wet. She had no idea what's gotten over Harry, but seeing him hurt she decided to push it aside from now and hug him back.

"Shhhh, Harry, it's okay, I'm okay," Uma said in a soothing tone as she lifted her hand to his hair and ran her fingers through it, "I'm not going anywhere," she said as she rubbed her back, "Everything's okay."

Harry held on for dear life as he tried to process her words. Feeling her hand in his hair he closed his eyes and willed the sadness away but didn't let her go. His hold loosened for her to be able to breathe but he didn't let go.

"Harry," Uma began, "I need you to tell me what's wrong for me to be able to help you."

Harry let out a shaky breath and pulled away enough to look her in the eyes, "You were unconscious for almost three days." He said as he kept his hands on her back.

"Three days?!" She said in disbelief. She tried to pull away again but he wouldn't let her, "What happened?" She decided to ask instead as she stared into Harry's bloodshot eyes. She touched his face and Harry leaned into her touch.

As he explained to her about Magic Withdrawal she listened and her eyes widened at the fact that she could've gotten into some serious trouble for what she did.

"Well," she laughed bitterly as she said, "That's good to know for next time," she tried to make a joke but Harry wasn't having it.

"No, you're not doing that again," He finally let her go to pace and pull at his hair, "You are not putting me through that again. I thought you were dead!" He turned to her and glared.

"I'm fine," She brushed off as she swung her legs off her bed. When she made to stand up, she wobbled and would've almost fell back down if it wasn't for Harry quickly moving to catch her.

"Yeah, just fine." Harry mumbled as he set her back on the bed and kneeled in front of her. "Sophie said before we left that you might feel a little lightheaded for two days after you wake up."