Locked

Gil walked in late to school the next day and immediately felt like something was off. The air in the school was more tense than usual and it was oddly quiet on their grade floor. He looked around and noticed that people were glancing around in fear and said nothing as if not wanting to annoy someone by simply speaking. He walked further in when he noticed Harry. Harry was striding past with a pissed off expression on his face. He saw Uma at her locker, slamming things in. Then the oddest thing happened, Harry walked straight past Uma. He didn't stop like he usually did, he didn't even try to get her attention, he just left.

Oh no, he thought. Walking quickly towards Uma, he said, "Hey Uma."

She looked at him with a weak smile and replied, "Hey Gil." She slammed her locker and began walking to class, leaving him no choice but to walk with her.

"Are you okay?" He asked concerned.

"Yeah I'm fine," she brushed off in her weakest attempt to lie convincingly.

"I don't believe that's true." He watched her expression shift from anger to no expression at all, "Does this have anything to do with the fact that Harry walked straight past you?"

"He did?" Hurt crossed her features but disappeared as quick as it came.

"Yes, Are you guys okay?"

"No, we're over. He doesn't trust me anymore and I see no point in staying friends with someone who doesn't trust you." She shrugged pretending to be unaffected but Gil was good at reading people. Uma was crushed and she didn't want anyone to know that.

"Why wouldn't he trust yo---" He started when his mind paused and came up with an idea, "Tell me this has nothing to do with me. Tell me this isn't my fault."

"Don't worry Gil, it's fine. I'm fine." He noticed that she didn't deny it, but she also didn't admit it. "What's done is done. So leave it." Uma saw her class door and opened it, "See you in fourth, Gil."

Gil stopped and stared at the closed door Uma went in. His mind racing. He knew that a friendship is hard to keep on the Isle but he thought Uma and Harry would last. He saw the way they looked at each other, and how they balanced each other out. He saw how they so obviously enjoyed each other's company and how wrecked they looked without each other. Gil sighed, this is my fault. Uma told him to leave it alone, he tried to respect her wishes, but he didn't think the school would survive if he did.

*************************************************************************************************************

The longer Uma and Harry were apart, the more unbalanced they became. The school was more afraid of them then usual. The Isle was wrecked so much that they stopped trying to fix it. Gil was worried about Uma because they kept getting defeated in their swords class because they couldn't sync up. A week had gone by of their break up and it was only getting worse. Gil had enough and he knew he had to do something, so he began to plot.

***********************************************************************************************************

The next day Gil had a plan. He talked to the counselor the day before and was able to get a empty room left open, with no windows and only one exit, for what he needed.

Seeing Uma first he ran to her and said in fake panic, "Uma, Harry had badly hurt himself, in the room around the corner! He's calling out for you!"

Uma rolled her eyes and shrugged her shoulders, "Oh he wants to talk to me now? Well to bad for him." She turned in the other direction and began walking.