Harry's Ally

A/N Like I promised, this chapter follows Harry.

Harry watched Uma walk away and he really wanted to punch something. Of course he refrained because kitchen duty was terrible and he'd rather not have to do it...again. He grumbled his displeasure as he walked toward the list to see who would be his mate for the week.

"Would you look at that," A guy with cornrows and a scar on his left cheek said as he came to block Harry's way, "I got paired with the infamous son of Captain Hook, good for me," He finished with a bitter smile as he looked him up and down.

"Who are you?" Harry asked with a bored expression on his face.

"Name's Jonas." He said. As he sized up the guy he was going to be stuck with the rest of the week.

Harry looked at him up and down, not feeling the need to size him up. Jonas may be taller and larger than him, but he wasn't the most feared on the Isle for no reason. "Harry," he introduced himself although he knew he probably didn't.

"I know, I've heard lots about you Harry," He smirked as he tried to tower over him. He wanted to scare Harry but he failed.

"Oh really? Then you must know I don't get scared," Harry smirked back as he turned to the list to confirm that this guy was who he would be stuck with. He sighed when he saw his name next to Jonas.

Turning back to him and looking at him again, "What should we do, buddy?" He said with a mock sweet smile on his face.

"I am kind of hungry," Jonas suggested, "Want to go to Ursula's fish and chips shop?" Harry was about to say he couldn't when his smile turned evil, "Oh wait," he began in mock shock, "You can't because you're Uma's pet."

Before Jonas could laugh, Harry had him pressed against a locked with his Hook at his jaw. "I'm only going to tell you this once. I am NO ONE's pet. Say it again and I'll gladly give you a scar to match the one on your left cheek," he cackled as his insanity made an appearance, but quickly disappeared when he realized where he was. Letting Jonas go, he looked at him and said, "Now, mate, we are stuck with each other for a week, let's not hate each other so early in the game." Harry said as he thought, If it's going to be like this all week, I'm going to lose it.

Jonas nodded hesitantly and sighed, "I guess so," he laughed awkwardly, "I actually am hungry though, let's just find another place to eat."

Nodding, they walked out of the school in silence. Harry never had to force a conversation with anyone before. He always just listened as Uma talked with new people. He didn't know what to do.

"So, what is up with you and Uma? Are you actually," he paused and shuttered, "dating?" He asked as he pretended to throw up.

Harry looked at him in surprise, "What? Me and Uma? Really? Why would you think that?" Harry asked confused. They were friends, they did what friends do, why would he think they were dating, he thought.

"Everyone thinks that," he replied nonchalantly as he shrugged his shoulders. "Why? I wouldn't know."

"No we're not dating," he answered honestly and rolled his eyes."We're friends, only friends, no more no less."

"Sure," Jonas said in disbelief.

"It's true!" Harry said and then paused, "Wait I don't have to explain myself to you." Wanting to change the subject before they could get into another argument he asked, "Who are you supposed to avoid for the whole week?"

"Desiree," He shrugged, "We've been friends for years and apparently the principal caught on," he rolled his eyes and shook his head, "It wasn't like we were inseparable."

"Well the principal thought so." Harry said and saw a ball a few feet away. He ran to the ball and kicked it. The ball made a satisfying breaking sound as it shattered the nearby window and a smile spread across his face. Looking over he saw Jonas had a smile on his face too.

"Shall we break things?" Harry asked Jonas.

"Yes we shall," Jonas nodded as he spotted the ball Harry had kicked into the window was kicked back out by the owner. He ran for the ball and kicked it into a stand sending everything on it flying.

They laughed as they passed the ball to each other to take turns destroying things all the way to the moldy sandwich shop for food.

*************************************************************************************************************

Harry and Jonas parted ways a several hours later as they said they would see each other at school the next day.

It was dark as he crept into his house. Seeing his dad passed out on the couch, he tiptoed to his room. After closing the door and throwing his hat sword and jacket on his desk, he flopped onto his bed. He sighed as he let his mind process the day. It's only been half a day and he already missed Uma. He never had to put so much effort into talking to someone. He usually just had to intimidate people, not try to get them to not hate him.

He rolled onto his back and looked at the ceiling, in his mind he was chanting, Uma said we can

survive this, so we can, over and over and over again. And survive he will, he thought, If only to show the principal that this idea of his only made his and Uma's bond stronger. With that he got ready for bed and the beginning of the official day one without Uma.

Here's another chapter! Seems like they're doing well right now, but how long will that last? The world may never know. JK I do.

Thanks for reading!

-TheOnly