Together

For the next two days whenever Uma was feeling like it was her against the world, she would grab the sword and rub a finger against the grip and remember that she had Harry. Whenever Harry felt his insanity start to creep in he would play with the right on his right ring finger and it would calm him down immediately.

In the week apart, Uma realized how valuable a friend Harry was and just how much she liked him by her side. She realized that together they are better. She registered that if Harry were to have been a 'fake' like the principal suggested that some friends could be, they wouldn't have gotten so fond of each other. They wouldn't have gotten as close as they did. Without Harry, she was angry and miserable. She never realized how big a part of her sanity and cheerfulness was brought by Harry. She never understood that before Harry she was just existing on this prison. She may not have noticed her unhappiness before she met him, but now that she has she really despised going back. Whether she liked it or not, she counted on him. Would she tell him this? No probably not, but her mind was opened like the principal said it would, just not in the way he said it would.

In the week apart, Harry realized how big a part of his life Uma was. He always knew that she was a large part of his fun but he never knew how much. He realized that she was his sanity, his anchor. The person who kept his confidence up when his own father wanted to destroy it. She was the person that he could always count on to cheer him up. She's the only person he lets his guard down around. The one who's sees and accepts the real him. She was the rock he needed in his life and without her he felt lost. Lost exactly like his father called him, and maybe he was right but that changed when he had Uma by his side. Of course he would never tell her that. The principal was right, but not right in the way he thought he would be.

*************************************************************************************************************

Uma's Side

It was the last day, when the bell rang, Uma could finally see Harry. A week of no speaking or seeing each other was more than enough time for her to realize that Harry was valuable to her. Her excitement showed in the way she walked towards school not even feeling the need to break as much things as she normally does on the way.

"So this is the last day, huh?" Desiree asked as she walked by a very happy Uma.

"Yupp! I could finally see Harry," Uma tried to contain her smile but couldn't. She did a little happy wiggly but kept her stride.

"Yeah! And I could finally see Jonas and his brother. It's been too long," Desiree started to smile as well. She missed them and couldn't wait to start messing with him again but she had to clear something up first, "So...does that mean today is the end of us talking?"

Uma looked at her and tilted her head, "No, you are fun to hang out with. I don't regret being paired with you. Why? Did you want to end it?" Uma narrowed her eyes.

Quickly shaking her head and raising her hands up in defense she said, "No! I had fun hanging out with you too! It was a nice change to hang out with a girl for once."

Uma nodded her agreement as they entered the school and prepared for the longest day ever. The more excited you are for something, the longer the day will be. So they waited.

*************************************************************************************************************