What Almost Was...

It was Monday and Uma had to go to school. The dreaded place where she had to face Mal and her crew. Where she got called Shrimpy behind her back because no one else besides Mal and company were brave enough to say it to her face.

She grabbed her backpack and walked out the door, "I'm leaving, Mom!" she got no response as she expected and left. She walked threw the stores, scanning around for anything she would want. She saw a beautiful seashell covered pirate hat someone was holding out and grabbed it.

"Hey!" She heard. She turned to the offender and glared causing the girl to break eye contact and walk away. She smirked and continued on her way to school. Everyone jumped and cowered out of her path and she couldn't help but laugh at the fact. She was only 11 and she already had people afraid of her. Imagine when she grew up.

Uma reached the doors of the school and walked in. The halls were loud from students talking to each other. The lockers were each painted differently to represent the student it belonged to. The ground was covered with each groups' gang symbol and many of the buildings lights don't work.

She sighed as she shoved people out of her way so she could get to her locker. It was a top locker cover in teal with seashells one both the left corners of the locker, where they meet in the middle with a fish net covering the rest. She had the design of her mother's infamous seashell necklace smack dab in the middle of the fish net. Uma stuffed her coat in the locker as she closed it and turned away, she let out a yelp as she saw Harry only an inch away from her.

"Hey Uma," Harry said with a smirk, "Did I scare you?"

She shoved him away as she said, "No, you were just too close. Haven't you learned something about personal space?" She started walking towards her first period, Spells and Potions 101.

Harry followed with the smirk still on his fact, "Personal space?" He asked in fake confusion, "Nope, I think I may have missed that class." Harry fell into step beside her. Shoving people in order to keep up with her.

"I fig-," Uma began but stopped when she heard, "Since when does Harry talk to Shrimpy?"

Before Uma could react, Harry had the person smashed again the locker with his hook by their throat.

"Did you want to repeat that, Mate?" He asked with a wicked smile on his face. His eyes filled with insanity.

With fear in his eyes, he said, "You hang out with Uma?"

Now Uma was the one in his face, "And what exactly would be wrong with that Nate?"

"Nothing, Nothing," he replied quickly as he turned his head to look at both of them, "It was out of curiosity, not hate."

"Well that, my friend, is none of your business." Harry fumed as he grabbed Nate's shoulder and shoved him into the locker again.

Uma grabbed onto Harry's arm that held the hook and pulled him back, "That's enough, Harry. I got this." As Harry released him, Uma quickly kicked at Nate's legs and he fell. Uma bent down, grabbed the collar of his shirt, brought his face to her's and said, "If you dare call me Shrimpy one more time, that won't be the worse thing I do to you." She let him go and stood up. Looking around at the crowd of people that surrounded her she said, "Let this be an example for what would happen the next time someone calls me Shrimpy. You'll live to regret it." Since no one moved she said, "Okay carry on." Everyone went back to minding their own business.

As Uma made to start walking again she heard, "You put on quite the show, Shrimpy." She turned and saw Mal, Evie, Jay and Carlos.

"As I always do, Mal." She replied. She felt Harry tense up behind her and she made to grab for him.

Noticing the slight movement Mal laughed, "Since when do you let people stop you, Harry? Don't tell me you're now her pet?"

"Who said she's stopping me?" Harry stepped closer while Uma tightened her grip on his arm.

"Don't Harry, last thing we need is an uneven fight." Uma turned to look at Harry. Uma knew that Mal and her crew had at most two years of fighting over both her and Harry. Taking them on like this would only lead to an embarassment she doesn't need right now.

But Harry didn't understand that, "Who said anything about uneven?" He took another step towards them. Uma tried to grab his other arm but it was too late.

"Harry stop, we--"

"Break it up, RIGHT NOW," they all froze. Harry with his hook raised to strike Jay and Jay ready duck and shove Harry back.

They saw the principal walking towards them surrounded by guards. "Mal, Evie, Jay and Carlos, what did I tell you about leaving your grade floor?" Before they could give an excuse he cut them off, "I don't want to hear it. If I see you on this floor again, I will be giving you all kitchen duty." They all grumbled, "Now go."

Before they left, Mal warned, "This isn't over, Shrimpy."

"Not by a longshot!" Uma screamed back.

As Mal and her crew walked away, the principal turned to them, "Don't think I forgot about you." Uma and Harry winced as the principal went on. "If I see you start another fight with anybody outside of class, you will be stuck on kitchen duty as well. Am I understood?" Uma and Harry nodded. "Good." The principal and the guards walked away.

As Uma saw them turn the corner, she turned her glare onto Harry. "What?" Harry asked defensively.

"You didn't stop when I told you to, Harry! Now we're both going to have to watch our backs even more now!" Uma yelled.

"But, your --"

"No, save it. If you are going to cause unnecessary drama and not listen to me, then I don't think this is going to work out."

"Uma..."

"No, bye Hook." Uma stormed away, already more than late to her first period.

Heyy!! Oooh looks like there's some drama going on. I couldn't think of a good principal that they would all be scared of. Maybe a goblin or a witch? Don't know. Leave a comment if you have a good idea for one. Thanks for reading!!

-TheOnly