Chapter 7- Partner

Elis

I woke up at 6am and dressed up for my first day at collage. After I opened the door of my room, I sensed the smell of fresh coffee. I walked down the stairs and saw my mom preparing breakfast.

"Good morning" I greeted her with sleepy eyes.

"Morning sweetie," she answered turning away from the kitchen table to face me. "Are you excited for your first day?" she asked happily.

"Yes, I am." I gave her a smile. Even though I'm bit nervous, still it's awesome I'm going to college.

"I've made you something for breakfast." she handed me a plate with waffles, one of my favorite food.

"Thanks, you are the best!" I hugged her and sat at the counter with my meal.

I dug my fork into the sweet dough and put it in my mouth with a bit of whipped cream and chocolate on top. 

It was yummy.

*

After breakfast, I walked to my new school. On my way, I was thinking about how I will deal with all that stuff about college, but when I got my coffee in that cafeteria Kate told me about, I was calmer.

If you didn't guess, I'm a bit coffee addicted.

First period I had with Jane since we both have the law as a major subject. 

Sometimes I saw Max and Kate, so we talked when we had time. 

It was a nice feeling, walking through the halls of the university. I felt like a real adult, like a person who can take care of myself not like a little girl anymore.

At lunch, I was sitting with Jane and Kate. Fortunately, I haven't seen Kate's brother yet. For the rest of the day I had some more classes and after school I headed home, totally exhausted.

Yep, just first day and I was already exhausted haha.

*

Next day was the same as the previous, it was just different time-phased. 

After school, I rode on the bike to the hills that were behind our house. 

That was my second favorite place here. From road you could see shining sea and almost a whole city because of viewpoints between the trees. Not even one person in sight.

I stopped at the tip of the hill. Nice view and silence were peaceful which cleared my mind from all that stress and I studied here until it was dark.

*

The morning was sunny, so I dressed up in the plain turquoise dress above the knees, which made my dark brown eyes more significant. After breakfast, I waited for Kate and she drove me to school.

"So how it's going?" she asked me once we were in the car. 

"Um, I think I can't do that, it has been just two days and it's killing me hard and that's just a start..." I complained, but I was just kidding. I mean, it is hard, but I'll at least try before giving up.

"You can do that, you are smart" Kate encourage me with a smile.

"Have you had all classes yet?" I asked Kate after a few minutes passed.

"Yes I did, you?"

"I didn't, actually today I have the only class I haven't had yet... It's two times a week and I really don't know, why we have it." I answered.