Chapter 15- Only The Wind Knows

Listen to the song above😉

Elis

It was John, but now his voice wasn't self-confident, I could hear a fear and he was... worried? 

I turned my head and suddenly widened my eyes when John's face was only a few inches away from mine. 

My heart skipped a beat. His handsome face was so close, my heart started racing.

"How did you know I'm here?" I asked slowly still shaken by his presence.

"I guessed." He said simply with a small smile. 

"And you didn't answer me." He looked into my eyes with a genuine look.

"I'm alright." I was looking back into his deep blue eyes and saw pity. 

He gave me "I don't believe you" look.

"Okay...I'm not..." I admitted and lowered my gaze a bit ashamed.

John

She intensified her voice, speaking louder and as if she wanted to let me know that it's unfair.

 "She was like my mother...even more than that." she paused and shortly looked into my eyes before averting her gaze again.

"My mother never cared that much about me." In her weak voice was a pain. 

I can't say I know how she feels, because I've never lost anybody that important in my life, but I wanted to comfort her.

I felt an urge to hold her in my arms, just to make her feel safe and comfortable.

As I was so close to her, I smell the scent of freshly picked flowers. 

She herself was like a flower. 

Vulnerable and beautiful. But inside her was hidden passion and anger, like back then when we danced together for the first time. 

Her bright eyes, now filled with sadness, were in the shade of dark brown chestnut. My eyes traveled down her face. She was looking at me with an expression I couldn't read. Pink, slightly parted lips provoked me... Her breath was heavy and eyes widened like she didn't know what is happening.

She was different... in a good way. 

The truth is that my mind had never been so uptight on someone. Every spare moment I was thinking about her since I started to avoid her. 

It's like you want to know everything about that person for no reason. You just want and can't stop thinking about it.

I don't know why, but I want to kiss her. So. Damn. Bad... but I know this isn't the right time. But I'm not going to hold back forever.

I can't.

These days when I avoided her, were painful somehow.

I don't know why it hurt so much, but it does.

After a long time, I was staring into her beautiful sad eyes, lost in thoughts.

When I realized she expected me to say something I just said: „Your grandma was always nice. And she knew how to make good cookies." I smirked and on Elis's lips appeared a smile. 

First smile in a long time. I was glad to make her smile. She has the sweetest smiles.

She turned back to the view and leaned on the railing. 

I slowly approached her I joined her. 

We talked about her grandma and some other things while watching waves in the distance.