Chapter 28- Troubles

Elis

"What?" I widened my eyes when I looked up to a couple I'd crushed into.

"Elis?" Kate said my name nervously.

"What are you two doing here?" I asked in a shock. "I mean, um... like, uh nevermind..." I scratched my neck embarrassed.

"Well, " his deep voice broke the awkward silence, "we kind of date" he shrugged his shoulders with a small smile.

I stared at both of them dumbfounded, but then I cried out of joy.

"I knew that!!!" I was so happy, that I hugged them both.

"Okay Sherlock, now let us go." Kate pushed against me to let her go. I gave them one more squeeze and let them go.

"Just be nice to her, okay Sam?" I gave him a serious look and he smiled at me.

"Of course I'll be" he smirked and took Kate by her waist, pulling her close to him.

"Awwwe you are so cute together." I gave out a cry and clapped my hands happily as a child. They both laughed at me and then we headed for lunch together.

I'm so glad they are a couple.

Kate is my best friend, she is absolutely amazing and she deserves a good guy like Sam.

He is kind, funny and I'm sure he'll make her happy. And by the way he looks at Kate it's clear he likes her a lot.

Also by the time I had the chance to get to know him, I realized that he is loyal to his friends and that he is ready to help in every situation, no matter what.

I don't know many guys like him, so good for Kate she can be with him, and not some asshole.

*

After we ate our lunch and were on our way to meet with John when a question suddenly popped up in my mind.

"Hey guys" I turned to Kate and Sam, who were holding hands, "Did you tell John about this?" I pointed at their entwined hands. "I mean, you are his sister" I looked at Kate, "and you are his best friend, right?" I turned to Sam.

They looked at each other for a second and then back to me.

"Not yet... it's new. Like a few days and he was busy with you anyway, so..." Sam smirked and was interrupted by a new voice from behind.

"Who was busy with who?" John asked suddenly with a smirk plastered on lips.

"Um, hi bro" Sam turned to him a bit frightened.

To lighten the mood I went by John's side and gave him a quick peck on lips before I spoke.

"Um, they want to tell you something" I smiled, still excited by their new relationship.

John looked at me with raised brows and then at Kate and John, who were a bit surprised by what I said.

"Okay, what is it?" he asked with a smile.

"Well," Sam glanced at Kate who nodded and then back at John, "we date," he said simply and waited for John's response.

I saw his jaw tense and I froze.

He stood there not saying a word until I gently poked him with my elbow.

John came to senses and took a step towards Sam. I was tense.