Chapter 18

My heart was pounding.
It could jumped right out of my chest. I pulled my hood over my head. I didn't want to meet eye contact with anyone. My cheeks were stained with tears, I was cold and very tired. You can't sleep when you sick and worried.

I pushed the door open to the ward, the whole room seemed to be black and white, it sent a cold chill down my spine.
This ward was nothing like Leondre's old room, all bright with everything he loved init. This room he shared with after sick kids. My heart sank when I saw them all, some where just babies.
Right at the back in the right hand corner next to Windows so he could see the stars, lied Leondre.
Tears started to well up. He was just laying there. His face was white with dark circles under is eyes.
He was attached to all sorts of machines.
I held his hand.
He was so cold.
I wanted to be strong but I couldn't. I let my self cry.
" Leo if you can hear me, just remember I love you with all my heart."
I told him, sobbing out my words. The doctors said the don't when he Will wake up.

I just sat there looking at him, stroking his palm with my finger.
Then felt his arm twitch. I thought I was seeing things.
BEEP BEEP, the heart monitor when off.
I jumped up in panic.
I looked at Leondre.
He slowly opened his eyes.
"Charlie"
He slowly spoke. Confused to where he was.
I didn't know what to do.
" It's okay leo I'm here"
I said, holding his hand again. I quickly kissed his cheek and went to find some doctors.