Pheonix

I hid in my secret place and played with the fire radiating from my hands. The fire turned into a bird and it chirped a song to me. By now everyone called me the Phoenix. This is my code name, the one everyone knows me by. Only the closest of my companions call me by my name.  My head falls back and hits the hard wall behind me. I though of those people I had seen in the folders so many years ago. My passions had not faded nor had my heart faltered. My path has always been faced towards them. Meeting them, touching them, loving them. I told no one of my plans except for my father and my four best friends but everyone noticed my change in self. I had more drive now, more will to work harder than anyone ever had before. I excel at all that I do, I was a little crazy a few years back, partying more than I probably should have. I created machines so large they could pick me up and walk me to my destinations. My clothes became shorter and tighter and my hair longer. I had gotten out of that faze relatively quickly, knowing what my future holds. But I did not want to get out of the Underworld not knowing any of the parties. And I was the life of the parties.

        I grinned as I thought of all the experiences that I had had venturing forth and jumping with joy. I had seen and done so much in these years after those folders. I had conquered enemies, brought pride to my family and climbed my way to the top of the food chain. Because, in the military, you are no one but another soldier until you prove yourself. I proved myself time and time again as my foes trembled at my fiery feet and my allies and friends high fived and howled with victory. I have tasted the sweet nectar of victory and relished its aftermath of joyous celebration. I had earned my sword and shield. My armor was the best and my warriors the most skilled.  I was ready for combat at a moments notice and I was willing to walk among the souls for mingling and feeding. There were many places where souls reside, some where the best of souls come to and they party and have no fear reach their tender abode. There are also the deepest, darkest part of Hell where the fires lick at the tortured souls until their voices rasp hoarsely but yet their pains are renewed time and time again. I have seen both of these places and everywhere in between.        

         I stood carefully and pushed out of my retreat. I had earned my awards and my coming of age ball would begin within the fortnight. I carefully rearranged the crown upon my head and glanced in the floor length mirror I came upon. My fiery red hair was long and flowing down, a shocking contrast to the midnight outfit I was draped with. I was clothed in black armor, fashionable and revealing as any underworld Princess must have. I blew air at a rebellious lock of hair that fell over my face and it retreated back to its original position. 

        "Madam! There you are! We must get you ready in your coming of age gown!" A maid rushed from a hallway, obviously flustered. Her two cute horns poked out of green, perfectly curled hair and her body was clothed in the usual, attractive servant style of ruby red and black.  I sighed and let her grasp and pull me back to my chambers as I thought unhappily of the poking and prodding that would surely accompany the fitting of the gown to my body.