Mission interrupted?

I was set at the drop off location and I glanced around calmly. I was set in a busy location on a street. The street was newly paved and the sidewalks were uncracked and white. Heat seemed to radiate off the ground, my vision shimmering in front of me as people rushed around me, trying to get out of the heat. I tucked my hands in my pockets and my gaze roamed over the shops and stores in front of me, seeming to look at all but only actually focusing on one. The Hangman's Bar. A drunken man with stumbled outside, beer dripping through his salt and pepper beard. He fell over some boxes in front and threw up over them. People gave him looks and stepped widely around him. I set forward, glancing down the road either way. I stepped up to the bar and looked up at the hanging sign above the door. It was dark green and gold, the letters bold and inviting.

        "Hey sugar, you want something to drink? I'll give you something to wet your appetite." The wreck of a man cackled on the ground as he leered up at me. I kicked him in the face, my heel grinding into his nose. He fell back into his own vomit, knocked out cold. My gaze shifted once more to the glass doors in front of me as if there had been no distraction. I took my hands out of my pockets and pushed open the doors. Cool air instantly reached out to me as I stepped into the dimly lit room. Most bars I had been in had been loud and rambunctious, and indeed that was how Tympan preferred his bars, but this one was classy and dark to give the suggestion of privacy. A delicious smell gently perfumed the air, just a hint of it so you cannot tell exactly what it is, only that it is something familiar and welcoming. I immediately staked out all the people in the room, there was a couple sitting in a booth in the corner, kissing between sips of a red beverage and there were three other men and two women sitting spread out the bar, drinking privately. My gaze locked onto the target. Green eyes, black hair, full lips that stretched into a flirtatious smile as he saw me. I locked on his gaze for a solid few seconds before turning away, to the bar, leaving him wanting more. I ordered and he sashayed up to me, leaning next to me, his elbow on the smooth mahogany bar. He was in a tight black dress shirt, rolled up to his elbows and tucked in at the waist with tight black jeans and a silver belt hooked around him, matching the glinting earring that hung in his left ear. He was well dressed, put together, and fashionable. He was quite attractive and he knew it, his charming smile meant to disarm me.

        "Can I buy that for you?" His voice was deep and quiet. I smiled.

        "Well, why in the world would I give up a free drink?" He laughed.

        "A sensible woman, I like that." He pulled out the bar chair and sat next to me. The bartender walked up to me, placing a delicate white napkin on the bar before placing my drink on it. "Thanks, Jonathan, put it on my tab." Jonathan rolled his eyes and walked away, he was obviously used to this kind of behavior from my target. I pretended to take a sip from my drink. "So, how is it?" He leaned into me, looking deep into my eyes.

        "It's wonderful!" I smiled at him and pretended like I was drawn to him. He smiled at me softly and reached his hand up to caress my hair.

        "That's good. You have such soft hair." He rolled a lock of my hair between his thumb and forefinger as he rested his cheek in his hand. I forced a blush and looked down bashfully, fluttering my eyelashes up at him. His breath caught and I could feel his pulse kicking up. Men are so easy to play sometimes. 

        "Thank you. I've never really had a drink like this before." I smiled happily up at him, leaning into him gently. His heart beat quickened and his hand tightened in my hair.

        "I can teach you all about drinks." Inside I fist bumped myself for a job well done. I opened my eyes really big and innocently.

        "Really?" Checkmate. He grabbed my hand and led me away from the bar.

        "Anything you want." He replied, pushing out of the bar and back into the hot air. The man was still passed out and he had really started to smell with the heat and my nose crinkled. "I'll get you out of here, don't you worry." He pulled my hand and dragged me away from the man. He glanced all around as if looking for something.

        "you must be really hot." I said. he turned suddenly and grinned down at me.

        "you have no idea." I forced a blush again, and looked down.

        "I-I meant because you are wearing black." the target groaned and leaned down to me, kissing my neck before biting it.

        "I won't be wearing anything soon, then it really will be hot." He whispered in my ear. Then all of a sudden he wasn't there. I looked around and glared down an alley way. I ran into the dark alley way and glared at Loki who had the target against the brick wall. Loki was wearing his deep green scarf and it fluttered behind him as he slammed his staff against the target's face. I walked up to him and placed my hand against his lower back.

        "I had him, just fine, thank you very much!" Loki pressed his staff against the target's throat as he looked down at me, his blue green eyes piercing me under his dark hair tickling his face. I brushed away some of his hair and frowned at him.

        "Well! He dared to touch you!!! He left a mark!!!" Loki spat out and pressed the staff harder into a purple faced target. I rested my hand gently over Loki's on his staff and he slowly relaxed his hold, letting the target gasp in some shallow breaths. I looked at our entwined hands before looking up at the eyes that were still looking at me.  "He left a mark on you." He glared at me neck where the target had, indeed, left a mark.

        "It's part of the job and I was doing just fine before you butted your head in!" I pouted and put my hands on my waist. Loki pouted before taking his arm and wrapping it around my waist, pulling me in tightly against him. His arm was strong yet gentle and his chest was strong and welcoming as I was pressed into it. He leaned down and his lips met my neck over the mark the target had left. I could feel Loki's cool breath waft over my neck before his lips actually touched it. I tilted my head back, giving him more room as he worked his magic. His lips caressed my neck and his tongue soothed it as his teeth teased it. He leaned away and looked down at my neck.

        "much better, now it is my mark." He smiled, satisfied. My breath was not steady and it shuddered in and out of me as I clutched his arms for support. Loki grinned down at me before leaning down once more, this time not for my neck but for my lips. My eyes fluttered closed, unable to push him away. His lips touched mine and I forgot everything but him standing there in front of me, holding me and kissing me. I could feel energy and life pulsing through me and I fell into him. When Loki had finally pulled away, my legs had stopped working and the only thing that kept me standing was his strong arms wrapped around me. His long fingers touching my bare back and rubbing it gently before smoothing over my stomach.

        "Loki, I can't take much more of this here...." I gasped out. Loki grinned happily as he looked down at the still gasping target who was clutching his bruised neck.

        "She is mine, and you are shield's." Loki pulled him up by the collar on his shirt and clapped some handcuffs on him before turning to me. He kissed the mark on my neck one more time before slipping off his silky scarf and wrapping it around me. It was warm and smelled like Loki. I buried my face in it and breathed deeply. Loki grinned again and kissed up me neck and over my jaw. I blushed for real this time and stepped back, letting the scarf fall to its place over my collar bone. He pulled me in again, his hand on my waist, just over the waist line to my pants, and his hand sent warmth all though me as his long fingers purposely caressed my bare back. He then transported us back to base and gave the target to shield.