Chapter 30

Read A/N pls

Your P.O.V.

I woke up in Yoongi's arms. I managed to get up without waking him up. I bet he was uncomfortable on the couch but I decided to just let him sleep. It was around 6 am so I had time to make some breakfast before waking him up and leaving for work. I prepared ramen and I let them cool off while I get ready. I went and I decided to just wear a black plain T-shirt that fell almost to my knees and black ripped jeans. I let my hair fall naturally on my shoulders. I put on some eyeliner and mascara on my eyes. I prepared a black cap and a mask just in case. I woke up Yoongi.

"Five more minutes..." He said and turned around. God I liked his morning raspy voice. I kiss his cheek and he woke up. He looked at me with half open eyes.

"Get up I prepared breakfast." He got up and we sat at the dining table. He slurped his ramen quickly and asked me if he could use the bathroom. I nodded and he left. He came back after a few minutes looking fresh and ready to go. I grabbed my bag and we went out. We managed to get to the company without getting seen by some crazy fans. Hobi and Namjoon were already waiting for us. Time to start working on cypher pt 4.

I looked to the lyrics. The first was Namjoon so I tried figuring out the lyrics. The first four were about him. Well not just about him. It was about every idol treated badly. The first four verses are the stuff that people call Namjoon out for. People make fun of his stage name Rap Monster all the time especially when they first debuted, his manner of speaking/rapping that was supposedly too unorthodox to korean standard, and of course, his face for not having a standard 'idol beauty'. He says he is sorry for being alive. I was pleasantly surprised when namjoon used satoori all of a sudden, since he's from Seoul and often told fans how he's not good at speaking in dialect. He did it so at that part where he comments on how bored he gets with the same kind of diss and I couldn't help but glee. It is bold, provocative, kinda elevates the emphasis of the whole sentence structure to be honest namjoon sounded a bit cocky but in cool way, if you know what I mean.

With Hoseok it was a different story. I imagined him half singing half rapping his verses. It is very clear how Hoseok projects his mind. the movie 'players in a league of their own' that he (probably) mentioned tells a story about strong, independent females, where at the height of world war II in 1943, were never thought of as competent and able to do hard work. women back then were traditionally regarded as inferior to men in both power and status. however, during that time, many male baseball players were admitted for army services. so in order 'to maintain baseball in the public eye while the majority of able men were away, prominent baseball figures got together to form the nonprofit all american girls professional baseball league.' which basically means that the league was made just to fill in the gap left by men who went to war. but to everyone's amazement, the league survived for more than a decade and achieved great success in many championships! By referencing to that one movie that made more people appreciate the existence of a once flourishing female organization that thought to have little chance of winning, Hoseok is basically saying that if these ladies who had little status in society back then can do it, are able to surpass everyone expectation, then what do i have to lose? And the chorus that came in between are perfect because what better way to demonstrate love that loving yourself first and foremost?

And then Yoongi's part came. I was amazed at his writing skills. I mean he literally dissed the haters without actually using any inappropriate words. I thought was brilliant because 똥차 literally means 'poop car or honeywagon' you know those trucks that are for collecting and carrying human excreta. It is also referred to actual beat-up cars or in another context, an ex-boyfriend with shitty attitude. On the other hand, 콩깍지 literally means 'beans pod or soybeans shaft', which are those peels on soybeans. There's a saying in korea that when you first fall in love with someone, these peels will cover your eyes and make you blind to each others flaws before they peel off after a couple of months. So the actual meaning of the verses was 'I will make the public see those flaws of you haters right away so they can dump your delusional shitty asses and fly away with us'. He finished like a true gentleman.