Chapter 15

I do not own Black Butler/Kuroshitsuji or any of its characters, I only own Rei and Kyle.

Rei's POV

Just as Kyle is about to attack Madam Red I put a arm in front of him. "Kyle, let's not. This is not our fight, this is between family, Ciel should be the one to settle this." Kyle nods and we both back off knowing Ciel is safe because Sebastian would never let him get hurt.

But when we look over, we see Sebastian being pinned on the wall by Grell. Please don't tell me that Sebastian is so weak that he would be defeated by Grell....

Then again Sebastian can beat me (for now) so if Sebastian is beaten by Grell doesn't I'm weaker than him too.... oh god... that's a horrid thought...

"If it's hunt or be hunted..." I look at Madam Red to see her pull a knife out and charge towards Ciel.

I am about to run and help him but Kyle stops me by grabbing my arm and pulling me back. "We can't interfere, remember, pulse Ciel can handle himself... probably."

I sigh and nod my head, he's right. I don't think I can find it in me to harm anyone at the moment, much less take a life.

Kyle grabs me by the waist and he jumps up onto a roof to make sure we don't get in the way or in the crossfire. I look back to see Ciel get cut and pinned to the wall by Madam Red. I gasp lightly as I see Madam Red squeeze his throat, choking him.

"YOU SHOULD HAVE NEVER BEEN BORN!" I hear Madam Red shout and I see her hold a knife above her head with one hand aimed at Ciel. Madam Red is going to die in a few moments... this is the least I can do for her. I know she isn't the best person but... she should at least get a second chance.

I start to sing the song of rebirth softly as the sound of my voice was carried lightly in the wind. (You know how in this scene a song is heard in the background? That's going to be Rei singing.)

"Young master!" Sebastian shouts as he pushes past Grell and goes for the kill. "Stop, Sebastian! Don't kill her!" Ciel commands as he sees Sebastian about to kill Madam Red. Sebastian's hand stops just as he was about to rip off Madam Red's head.

"Sebastian..." Ciel whispers when he sees that Sebastian had sacrificed his arm to try and save him.

I continue to sing my song of rebirth for Madam Red's soul preparation (for one to be reborn their soul needs to be calm) as I watch the scene unfold with a heavy heart.

Grell pulls his chainsaw out of the wall and laughs, "Oh, Sebas-chan, you've got backbone. To think you'd sacrifice an arm to go save that kid... But how poorly you compare, Madam! Hurry up and kill the brat!"

Madam Red looks up from her palms and when I see her face, it was like someone was squeezing my heart to see how far it would go till it exploded. She was crying.

"I loved my sister... I loved him... I loved their....... I can't... I can't do it after all. I can't kill him." Madam Red says shaking as her voice cracks a bit at the end.

"You're saying that now? You've sliced many woman to bits! If you don't erase him, he'll erase you!" Grell says shrugging his shoulders a bit.

"Madam..." Ciel says as he looked at her tearful face. Madam Red... I will give you a choice... a choice that most would not be given but... you just weren't born in the best circumstances... it wasn't your fault...

"But... but..." she closes her eyes and turns towards Grell and the most heart breaking thing was her voice.... her voice full of love towards Ciel, who was like her own son to her. (Omg when I heard her voice in the anime, my heart shattered. The Japanese voice actor put so much emotion into that scene.... it really broke my already broken heart T-T)