Chapter 17

I do not own Black Butler/Kuroshitsuji or any of its characters, I only own Rei and Kyle.

Ciel's POV

As Lillie reaches out for me my heart squeezes, I've lost all of my family, but.... at least you came back... I still have family... Auntie Red... I promise I will not let you down...

Lillie's eyes start to water when she notices I made no move to go over to her. She starts to make a sniffing noise, "W-What's going on?!" Rei exclaims as he starts to panic and run around. "How do we make her stop?!" Kyle exclaims panicking as well.

"I don't know! I've only handled the kids in heaven, they're usually always happy! I don't know what triggered her to start crying!!" Rei says as he rubs her back softly to try and calm her.

I sigh, these guys.... are hopeless... but for some reason my heart feels... full... or lighter... when I'm around Rei... it's a indescribable feeling... but I know I don't I hate it...

I walk over to Rei and softly grab the infant from him, she stops crying immediately and starts giggling.

Kyle and Rei join in on the laughing as they see Lillie grab my cheeks and pull them. "A-Ah hey!" I say as I try to pull her away from my face when she starts to reach for my hair.

"It's definitely Madam Red's reincarnation." Rei sweat drops.

Then Lillie goes limp in my arms, "Ehhhh! That was quick!" Kyle exclaims.

I look down in my arms to see Lillie sleeping, I sigh and pat her head gently. "Now that Madam Re- Lillie is asleep, let's talk about this 'future heir' business." I say as I lay Lillie in a makeshift bed of blankets.

___________
Rei's POV

"Right.... Gomen'nasai!" I say bowing.

"It's just that I didn't know if Sebastian was a wild demon... if I blurted out that I was the next to rule over the holy grounds without being cautious then there would be a high chance that I would have been kidnaped and taken to hell to be presented to the ruler of hell. And depending how they are feeling, they could kill me to start a war, they could keep me and never tell the other races about it, I could have been turned into a slave, or even forced to be engaged with hell's future heir for power-" "Okay, Okay I understand. I suppose it was right of you to be weary around us since Sebastian is a demon and all..." Ciel says sighing.

I chuckle a bit and smile sheepishly, "I was ranting again wasn't I.....?"

Kyle puts his chin on my head and raps his arms around me, "Yep." Ciel looks up at Kyle and narrows his eyes and I'm 95% sure Kyle narrowed his eyes at Ciel too...

Was that a spark?

...Was that a spark?

"Um... so guys you know it's 5:44 am right now so we should all just go to sleep..." I say trying to break the atmosphere.