Chapter 38

Alrighty! Let's gooooo! new chapter! Hope you all enjoy it!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rei's POV

Yawning, I raise my arms and stretch as I walk out of the conference room, following my father closely behind. "Seems like we sorted most of the bad guys out..."

Rei-sama, why did they explode in white butterflies?

It's because they were made out of many souls that had high energy levels. My father basically created them with his magical energy, what was given can always be taken back.

...

Dad pauses from his long strides, "It seems you have matured. I'm happy, it seems you have figured some things out."

I put on a triumph face and puff out my chest, "Yes I have, after all, being stranded in a realm opened my eyes to some things that the books can't teach."

Rei-sama, it's best not to give him any ideas-

He puts a hand on his chin in a thinking pose, a familiar glint in his eye, "Yes... Indeed, perhaps this would be the best way..."

I tilt my head, "Huh??"

Best way for what?!

If I may... you played yourself Rei-sama.

What is that supposed to mean?!

Exactly as I said.

Patting my head he smirks and continues to walk ahead, leaving me behind with questions floating around me. That is, until a familiar voice calls out to me from down the hall.

"Rei!!!" Kyle runs up to me panting and I soon hear another set of footsteps from around the corner of the intersection in the hall.

"Huh???"

"Kyleeeeee!!! How dare you leave without us! You sneak! Getting away time with Rei!!" A certain sempai with green hair fumes as he chases not far behind.

"Rei-sama."

I jump slightly as our black haired friend appears besides me. Kyle on the other hand lets out a horrified shriek. I let out a sigh, "You almost scared me."

"Apologies Rei-sama... welcome back."

"Good to be back."

"Almost!? What's with you, you freaking ninja!" Kyle complains as he regains composure.

When Leo reaches us he glomps me to the ground and hugs my waist, "Rei~ Why did you have to leave for so long~" His green hair sprawls out with mine and I slowly sit up.

I rub my head awkwardly and let out a soft sigh before smiling, "It wasn't exactly a choice I made myself..."

Leo pouts and Kyle pulls me out of his grip, holding me out of reach and Leo comically tries to reach for me. A gleam given off from glasses blinds me for a short moment before Kyle and Leo shiver with cold sweat forming on their heads, "Now now you two should know not to handle Rei-sama like a rag doll, no? After all, he IS the heir to the realms and heaven."

I bet he doesn't even need glasses!

"O-Of course... hahaha..." Leo backs up jokingly with his hands up in surrender.

Kyle grows a tic mark, "Why the hell do you even wear damn glasses?! Angels eyes have perfect eyesight!"

He pushes up his glasses and smirks as they gleam again, "It's for intimidation purposes."