Leo and Raph

Leo's POV

I'm bored. I was on my laptop looking at photos of me and my bros. Then, I went to google and searched 'green'.

Stuff came up, boring, then as I was typing 'my brother', the first thing that popped up was 'My brother hates me'.

I was shocked that this was the top searched. I clicked on the link and read the article.

"I was always mom's favorite. She would keep her attention on me 24/7 and I liked it that way. Then, one day, my new brother came along and stole that from me. He was mom's new favorite. Not me. It should be me, not 'him'. A few years later, my brother died of cancer. I was happy about it. Now I'm mom's favorite again. I'm an only child now and I tend to keep it that way."

As I read this, I was thinking to myself,

Splinter Junior

Teacher's Pet

Does Raph hate me? As I think this, I go to my room to think some more. He can't hate me, can he? He loves me, right?

As I walk to the kitchen to get tea to calm me down, I see Raph sitting on the couch, reading the article I had forgotten to close. He turns around and sees me.

"Hey, bro." He says. He sounds stressed.

"H-hi," I say, hoping he won't confront me.

I walk to the kitchen, make my tea and head to my room. As I'm sitting on my bed thinking, I hear a knock on my door.

"Hey, Leo? Can I come in?" Raph says.

He sounds deep in thought. I open the door and let him in. I sit on my bed, pat the spot next to me, and he sits down.

He looks concerned for a moment, then looks at me and says, "Do you think we hate you?"

I look at him shocked, then answer, albeit reluctantly, "No, of course not. I love you with all my heart."

Raph's POV

He didn't answer my question. He thinks we hate him.

"You love us. But do you think we hate you?" I ask, worried. I love him and I want him to know.

"Of course not. I was just curious, Raphie. I was searching 'my brother' and that was the first listed. I was concerned about why it was the first one. I promise I know you all love me." He said, hesitatingly.

He thinks we hate him. Why? "Ok, if you say so." I walk to his door, stop, and look at him. Say it!! Say you love him!!

"...Love you, bro" I said, sincerely.

A look of shock goes across his face but disappears just as quickly.

"Love you too, Raphie." He said.

I get glossy eyed and walk out the door. I head to my room and lay on my hammock. I start crying, thinking of all the times we fought and called him names.

"I'm s-sorry, L-Leo. I d-didn't mean i-it."

"That's ok."

I jump fifty feet in the air when I hear him.

"I know now that you all love me." He says, smiling.

I run up to him and hug him tightly.

"Never think we hate you, big brother," I mumbled.

He hugs back just as tightly and says, "Love you too, Raphie."

He kissed me on the forehead and brings me to his room. He lays down on his bed and brings me with him. I lay my head on his chest and fall asleep.

As sleep drags me under, I swear I hear him say, "I do and will always love you guys, little brother."